just put on the Borla... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > just put on the Borla...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-05-2002, 12:15 AM   #1
davin24

just put on the Borla...

hey guys,
just wanted to tell everyone NOT to put on the performace Borla cat back exhaust. Seriously, do NOT waste your time or money. It is so cool and sounds so awesome i wanna be the only one with it!!! Noticeable power increase and the growl is perfect. So again, i beg you, do NOT put this on your Liberty and let me bask in my own glory

Davin

ps- now for the supercharger...

davin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2002, 12:24 PM   #2
Stockernotforlong

Davin,

Where did you get your exhaust? I want to do the same thing to my XJ.

"Work in Progress"
Stockernotforlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2002, 09:24 PM   #3
davin24

I got my exhaust from a guy who was selling it on e bay. He is a dealer in Wash. state, so has accesss to Mopar parts and gives a pretty good price. I dunno what he has for other Jeeps tho. I think his website is www.theptking.com

his name is Denver and is a good guy to deal with. Good prices. If not him, then check out www.borla.com direectly. I highly recommend Borla products. Later
Unread 03-07-2002, 08:36 AM   #4
Stockernotforlong

Thanks Davin!

I am definitly going Borla.

"Work in Progress"
Stockernotforlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2002, 10:51 PM   #5
JPCUTIE

We just put the Borla exhaust on our Liberty a month ago. It does sound great and the gas mileage has improved some. We have also added Fog lights, a Chrome Grill and 17in American Racing wheels and Michelin MVX4 tires. Ours is 2wd so we are going for a Hot Rod not a mud machine. I too wish for Performance west group to release the Supercharger kit. I got most all of this stuff on e-bay. And the Borla from "theptking" in Washington. Denver is a nice guy to chat with and has any and everything for the Libertys.
[img]null[/img]
Unread 03-14-2002, 11:22 AM   #6
davin24

hey thats cool that i m not the only one that likes performance on this baby ya Denver is a great guy and wouldn t hesitate to buy from him. There IS a Supercharger out there.....its made by....oh i forget the name but do a search for the Jeep Liberty Patriot...it was at the SEMA show and has a SC. Its a sweet lookin ride. check it out.

Before the Borla it was jeeeeep
After the Borla it is JEEP
Unread 03-14-2002, 02:36 PM   #7
JPCUTIE

I have talked with the guys at Performance West Group and they are not sure when or if they will release the supercharger kit. Also Denver has talked to them and they have told him the same thing. As soon as I can figure out how to put a picture on here I will post some picks of my Wife's Liberty... When you see the License Plate you will understand just how Jeep crazy she is.
Unread 03-14-2002, 06:17 PM   #8
davin24

did you put a K&N cone filter on the Libby too???
Unread 03-14-2002, 08:32 PM   #9
JPCUTIE

I am waiting for K&N to get the FIPK (fuel injected performance kit) to install although I may opt for the Volent cold air intake... Supercharger and NOS one day!!!! web page
Unread 04-28-2002, 12:07 PM   #10
Sniper666

Davin,

What was involved in the Borla installation? How much of a b_tch was it?

Thanks!
Sniper666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2002, 03:28 PM   #11
davin24

if no hoist available...back onto some ramps...unbolt everything...NOTE*** its gonna be a ***** to manuveur that stock muffler out due to the weird shape of it..if so get a bar or something and stick between the springs to get room...if i was to do it again....and had a free couple hours...do it your self...if not...pay some guy at a muffler shop 20 bucks and they could do it pretty fast. It is easy tho...my .02.

good luck
Dav

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.