Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Just got back from 1800 miles trip

754 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  BVCRD 
#1 ·
............from Missouri, Couldn't get better than 26+ mpg fully loaded like we were and at 75 mph. I didn't bother with the PS additive. It sure was louder and I noticed more exhaust plumage at night when I got on it. Cheapest fuel was $2.26 in Columbia.

#2 ·
BVCRD said:
............from Missouri, Couldn't get better than 26+ mpg fully loaded like we were and at 75 mph. I didn't bother with the PS additive. It sure was louder and I noticed more exhaust plumage at night when I got on it. Cheapest fuel was $2.26 in Columbia.
26+mpg is still great for the heavy Libby,especially at 75mph.By "exhaust plummage",do you mean black smoke?

#3 ·
homebudz said:
26+mpg is still great for the heavy Libby,especially at 75mph.By "exhaust plummage",do you mean black smoke?
I had about 900# of people in the CRD along with luggage. We were wall to wall. I wouldn't call it "black" like what comes out of a Dodge pickup. Hard to tell at night, but there was one time when I cleared the turnpike exit during the day, and my lane was ending so I punched it and there was a light fog sort of a deal. More light brownish would be the color. I wasn't using PS so that probably accounts for the excess exhaust emisions. Notiably, when I got home and changed the oil and filled it up with the Power Service, all that went away and it is basically invisible like it was before the trip.

#4 ·
BVCRD said:
I had about 900# of people in the CRD along with luggage. We were wall to wall. I wouldn't call it "black" like what comes out of a Dodge pickup. Hard to tell at night, but there was one time when I cleared the turnpike exit during the day, and my lane was ending so I punched it and there was a light fog sort of a deal. More light brownish would be the color. I wasn't using PS so that probably accounts for the excess exhaust emisions. Notiably, when I got home and changed the oil and filled it up with the Power Service, all that went away and it is basically invisible like it was before the trip.
I'm noticing more visable exhaust too. Hope that doesn't portend egr problems.
Prices all over Mo. are sub $2.00. You must have hit some interstate ripoff spots.:(

#7 ·
BVCRD said:
No, that was the going price all over Columbia for #2 diesel.
Boy, did I make a boo boo. I shouldn't post after work.
I quoted gas.
My area diesel is $2.33.
Sheesh!:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.