Jeep Recalls? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Jeep Recalls?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 03-26-2002, 11:21 AM   #1
tehlers2

Jeep Recalls?

Hello to all of the Liberty owners out there. Does anyone have any information on past recalls of the Liberty's? I have found information on the airbag sensor possibly getting cut in an accident and the knee panel falling off. Are those the only two. Also, I am having a problem with my suspension. When I go over a speed bump faster then I should, or go into a drivway that has a deep dip in front of it the rear suspension makes a loud popping noise. Anyone experienced that before? Thanks!!!

tehlers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2002, 02:43 PM   #2
KJRenegade

Haven't heard anything about a new recall, but I have a question that may be related to recalls- I have recently ordered a new Liberty Renegade (loaded sans the power seat, ABS, and Command Trak) and while I wanted to get it with a five speed, the dealer informed me that due to problems DC is having with the manual tranny, they are not going to ship any more standards until possibly as late as the 2003 model year. Has anyone heard anything about this? I've gotta wait 8 weeks (this may be the longest 8 weeks of my life) for the KJ anyway, I'll be a bit upset if they start shipping 5 speeds again before my order comes in.
Unread 03-26-2002, 08:37 PM   #3
eliot24

As for the standard tranny on the Liberty's, I have heard nothing like that. IN fact last Thursday I had the local Jeep dealer do up a quote on a Liberty Sport with a manuel. He mentioned nothing about problems with the 5 speed. My family has done business with that dealer and salesman for as long as I can remember. Hope it's true for your sake, not for mine.
eliot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2002, 06:37 AM   #4
KJRenegade

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">"As for the standard tranny on the Liberty's, I have heard nothing like that. IN fact last Thursday I had the local Jeep dealer do up a quote on a Liberty Sport with a manuel. He mentioned nothing about problems with the 5 speed......Hope it's true for your sake, not for mine."</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This info was given to my by the sales manager of fairly reputable dealer. I have never dealt with them personally, but several friends and co-workers have, and they say they're on the level. According to them, there is a minimum 8 week delay on getting the 5 speed paired up with the 3.7. This, they say, comes directly from the Chrysler rep in my area, as of this Saturday morning (3/23). I have no knowledge if this is true or not (hence posting it as a questions). I hope it is true also- I would hate to turn down delivery of my Jeep just because a dealer had lied. But I would.
Unread 03-27-2002, 08:34 AM   #5
seanskijeep

those are the only recalls so far. i have also noticed some noise when going over a bump too fast or pot hole.
Unread 03-28-2002, 12:05 AM   #6
Liberty_One

Here's the website to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that has all the recall info for all cars. The website is <a href="http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov." target="_blank">www.nhtsa.dot.gov.</a> As for those two recall those are the only ones that are out for the Liberty.
Liberty_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2002, 01:18 AM   #7
LibertyGirl

Hey just wanted you to know. I ordered my 3.7 L V6 with 5 speed in Dec 01. The dealer called me 03/29/02 and said it is being built and to expect finish date of 4/09/2002. I have a VIN number, I am a very happy girl.
Later
Unread 03-30-2002, 06:05 PM   #8
KJRenegade

LG- That is awesome! Congrats on the ETA, you must be very excited. I have to wait until the 8th to find out if they will even accept my order. And now I hear that the 5 speed Renegade will only be available in green? Strange rumors around, so this is the best news I've heard yet. Good luck with your new Liberty.
Unread 04-03-2002, 06:53 AM   #9
eric e

i have heard that load thump coming from the rear end when i have driven off a curb to me it sounds like its coming from the right side.
eric e is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.