jeep newbie classic lift question. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > jeep newbie classic lift question.

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 07-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
Lorenceoforegon

jeep newbie classic lift question.

So a few things first. I am brand new to jeeps especially kj's. I had to sell my beloved 04 cobra to get something more child and family friendly as I had a son while I was deployed to Afghanistan. I'm stationed in germany which makes finding us spec cars that arent turds a chore. Anywho I got a decent deal on a nice 02 liberty but it looks too much like a grocery getter. Id like to make it a true adventure vehicle for my family but still keep it to where it can be used as a DD. I've looked at both rocky-road rock father and the frankenlift. Both look good. But id like opinions on either. Whether from experience or qord pn the street. Also tire size I can run without re gearing. Engine performance mods, roof racks or cages. I guess basically im asking yall if you can help me build a sweet rig to haul my little monster around in. There is just so much out there I got a little overwhelmed.

Lorenceoforegon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Rocky Road = NO
Frankenlift is good ,
also check out JeepinByAl has lifts from 675 to 3500
245-75-16 is a good overall size tire without getting into re-gearing
Engine mods? Not much you can do, stay away from CAIs just a waste of money
Keep reading lots of great info on here and LOSTJEEPS
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

First off - Welcome to JF -

The Old man Emu / Frankenlift stuff is good stuff. Yah, I would stay away from Rocky Road.

Roof racks are pretty handy. You can also make your own cross bars for mounting them for cheap.

Kj air boxes will pull more air than the 3.7 can use, so skip any CAI ad on.

With a little reading here, you will soon see what is working well for your ride.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
Lorenceoforegon

Right on thanks everyone so I'll definitely count RR out. Is there still an issue with rubbing or contact on lifts over 2.5 inches or has that problem been ironed out. The posts I saw on this issue were all 2011 or earlier.
Lorenceoforegon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

When staying with stock UCA's you should stay 2.5 inches to 3 inches . Some have issues while others don't at that height. Going higher its a good idea to use JeepinByAls UCAs , better/easier alignments, replaceable/greaseable ball joints
Unread 07-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #6
Luke09
2005 KJ Liberty 

^^^ I'm with Mudd ... good advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.