Jeep Lierty wont stay running - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Jeep Lierty wont stay running

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 05-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #1
jessi88

Jeep Lierty wont stay running

We have a 2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7 L -- Has ran great the past 6 years we have had it.. The other day my husband was driving to work and it stalled and wouldn't start back up-- He got pulled home.. We have been trying to find out what the issue is and are having no luck. The jeep will start if you jump it, and it will stay running for a few minutes and than stall. We have taken the alternator and battery to get tested and both test came back fine. No codes coming up when my husband runs it.

Husband thinks its something electrical. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

jessi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2014, 04:13 AM   #2
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi88 View Post
We have a 2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7 L -- Has ran great the past 6 years we have had it.. The other day my husband was driving to work and it stalled and wouldn't start back up-- He got pulled home.. We have been trying to find out what the issue is and are having no luck. The jeep will start if you jump it, and it will stay running for a few minutes and than stall. We have taken the alternator and battery to get tested and both test came back fine. No codes coming up when my husband runs it.

Husband thinks its something electrical. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Fuel filter clogged or bad fuel filter?

Does it stall when hot....the crank sensor and cam sensor can give heat related problems....you need to pull these sensors out and measure the resistance when cold using an Ohms meter. Now heat them up with a hair dryer and if the resistance readings start going crazy then you have a bad sensor.

Also try swapping over the ASD relay in the box under the hood with an identical one...the Blower Motor relay for instance I think.

If you have the SKIS anti theft installed then if the chipped key is not recognised by the PCM, the SKIS light flashes and the engine starts but cuts out after a few seconds....not the few minutes you mention though!

Tags
liberty , stalling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.