Jeep Liberty Window Problems Solutions - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Jeep Liberty Window Problems Solutions

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #106
TJTom00
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My wife's '06 right rear just went out yesterday. I saw that they revised the warranty, but I believe hers was built prior to 3/15/06. Does this mean they will not fix it under warranty (it was purchased 7/30/06)? Can someone confirm this?

For some reason I believe that this vehicle sat on lots for awhile and I seem to recall a build date of late 2005. We got it during a employee pricing + rebates promotion mid-summer of '06. I like the Steiger part, and will go with that, but if I can get them to fix it for free (all windows) then I'll let them do it and save myself the time, money, and effort (until it breaks in the future).

Thanks!

Her: '06 Liberty Sport Special Edition, Black, Auto, all stock
TJTom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #107
ValerieRoseRN
2007 KJ Liberty 

2007 jeep Liberty rear windows dropped

Just wanted to give a bit of good news to this annoying problem with the window regulators failing. About 5 months ago my drivers side rear window dropped about halfway, the motor no longer worked and I had to push it up and duct tape it. I took it to a shop and was quoted $360 to fix it....ummmm no...So I continued the duct tape routine. Then last week the other rear window dropped...all the way into the door...during a rain storm which not only soaked the interior but left lovely buds from a tree all over the inside of the car, and of course stained the fabulous upholstery as usual. Now I was pissed...so I duct taped that one as well and started reading the posts in here to see if there was anything I could do.

Well there was...there seems to be a question of coverage for this rampant problem from Chrysler. I can tell you for sure if you are within 7 years of the original purchase date it will be covered. I called Chrysler and gave them my VIN # and they said I qualify for the extended warranty until 4/18/14 so if they break again in the next year it will also be covered. The problem that is most common and is what was wrong with mine was the lift plates and that is what is covered in the extended warranty.

It just so happens that there is also a recall on the 2007 for the L27 rear suspension lower control arms....so yesterday I took mine in and they fixed the control arm, both rear windows, and checked and lubed the front windows...for FREE!

Hope this post helps, if you're having the same problem I had it's definitely worth checking into and if you were unaware of the control arm recall go get that fixed asap. Happy Jeeping to You All!!
ValerieRoseRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #108
Makita

Thank you to all that posted. 2006 Jeep Liberty just had the window break a few days ago which husband taped up. Getting in today when he closed the door the window shattered. Reading the responses here and knowing this is an ongoing problem will make it easier when talking to a dealer.
Makita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2014, 09:44 PM   #109
Chefn63

Window channel?

I'm not sure what the name is, but when it is raining and I rolled down my windows and I rolled them back up they don't get cleaned off at all. Is it called the window channel?
Chefn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #110
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefn63 View Post
I'm not sure what the name is, but when it is raining and I rolled down my windows and I rolled them back up they don't get cleaned off at all. Is it called the window channel?
It's called normal.
Unread 06-04-2014, 12:09 AM   #111
YoungL

window Regulator bracket

I just had my rear driver side window regulator go out. My window is stuck down. I bought the new regulator from the dealer for 170$. I brought the part home to replace and noticed the bracket that connects to the window isnt the same and wont fit. My original window has a bracket and a pin and the new part is a lot bigger... has anyone had this problem? Please dont tell me i have to replace the actaul window as well!
Thanks
YoungL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #112
brendanc
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungL View Post
I just had my rear driver side window regulator go out. My window is stuck down. I bought the new regulator from the dealer for 170$. I brought the part home to replace and noticed the bracket that connects to the window isnt the same and wont fit. My original window has a bracket and a pin and the new part is a lot bigger... has anyone had this problem? Please dont tell me i have to replace the actaul window as well!
Thanks
Did the actual motor go out or did the clip break? If the clip just broke, then get the steiger part and return the dealer part.

Yes the new regulators require a new window... new design.
Unread 06-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #113
YoungL

The clip is broke but jammed up near the top. I dont know how id get the spring free... I cant believe id have to replace the entire window and they didnt do a recall. man this sucks...
Unread 06-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #114
YoungL

Has anyone ever been quoted at dealership for this complete repair for one window?
Unread 06-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #115
YoungL

Anyond having this problem...chrysler offers a new lift bracket with cable for 60$ now and you do not have to replace window anymore. You just bend the end with pliers and remove the stopper, then temporarily hook regulator back to cars power plug and power the old cable and bracket out....then slide the new one in with grease and power it back in....then reinstall repaired regulator. Hope this helps !

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.