Jeep Liberty Window Problems Solutions - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Jeep Liberty Window Problems Solutions

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 03-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #91
clapperc

Here's a quick cut/paste. Better?

23341992 LIFT PLATE KIT-REPLACE, FRONT
MON - WED - FRl
DOOR LEFT
6923WAR4D 0.80 (N/C) 8:00AMTO5:00PM
1 CDDZX27BAB TUES - THUR
LIFTPLATE-FRONT WINDOW 8:00 AM 70 7:00 PM
REGULATOR (N/C)
1 CDCZX27PAB
WEATHERST-FRONT DOOR GLASS Is... . . AN/C) 4't 4eG'e «44
FC: ZZ
PART#: CDDZX27BAE
COUNT: 1 '2
CLAIM TYPE: W U.tt4. ft€ea4e
AUTH CODE: eee? e4
2331269F GLASS RUN CHANNEL-REPLACE LEFT
FRONT DOOR
6923WAR4D 0.30
FC: PART#: COUNT: (N/C)
17a#t4 l/Ut.

CLAIM TYPE: W
AUTH CODE:
DESCRIPTION TOTALS
LABOR_AMOUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
My work computer won't allow me to go to these links. Could you please just send me the part numbers?

clapperc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #92
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapperc View Post
Here's the scoop...

I've had two of the four regulators/stuff replaced at different times. Last week back to the shop to replace a failed number three.

In my visit for the third... The Jeep service folks reported there was a "new" replacement repair kit for the problem. This superseded 23-026-10.

Thoughts?
I still don't see where service bulletin 23-026-10 was superceded. That is the latest version I can find.

So I still have no idea what your dealer was talking about unless they don't know the difference between a service bulletin and a warranty bulletin. If you have questions, try the Service manager or Service Director.

The parts listed below are the ones specified in the Service bulletin:

NUMBER: 23-026-10
GROUP: Body
DATE: December 09, 2010

PARTS REQUIRED:
Qty. Part No. Description
(AR) 1 CDPZX271AB Left Front Lift plate kit
(AR) 1 CDDZX27BAB Left Front Lift plate kit,for Modified door
with Pin on glass style attachment only
(AR) 1 CDPZX272AB Right Front Lift Plate Kit
(AR) 1 CDCZX27AAB Right Front Lift plate kit, for Modified door
(AR) 1 CDPZX273AB Left Rear Lift Plate Kit
(AR) 1 CDFZX27DAB Left Rear Lift plate kit, for Modified door
(AR) 1 CDPZX274AB Right Rear Lift Plate Kit
(AR) 1 CDCZX27CAB Right Rear Lift plate kit, for Modified door

(AR) 1 CDCZX27PAB Left Front Glass Run Channel Seal
(AR) 1 CDCZX27RAB Left Rear Glass Run Channel Seal - Deep
Tint, Sales code GEG
(AR) 1 CDAZX27TAB Left Rear Glass Run Channel Seal- Sales
code GEJ
(AR) 1 CDAZX27NAB Right Front Glass Run Channel Seal
(AR) 1 CDAZX27QAB Right Rear Glass Run Channel Seal - Deep
Tint, Sales code GEG
(AR) 1 CDAZX27SAB Right Rear Glass Run Channel Seal- Sales
code GEJ

Note: AR means As Required
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #93
clapperc

All's I know is what I's been told!
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #94
ckid222
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I just called a jeep dealership and explained my problem, which was both of my rear windows dropped into the door, they ran my vin # and said to bring it in that it would all be covered. I have a 2007 jeep liberty. They also gave me a number to get reimbursed for the driver door I already paid for. Ill let you know how that goes after I call.
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #95
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckid222 View Post
They also gave me a number to get reimbursed for the driver door I already paid for. Ill let you know how that goes after I call.
You can send your original receipts and/or other adequate proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement:
Chrysler Customer Assistance
P.O. Box 21-8004
Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8004
Attention: Reimbursement

If you have the ability to scan documents and send via email, you can call Jeep - 877-IAMJEEP (877-426-5337) and ask for an email link.

In either instance, please provide the following information (where applicable) so we can respond to your issue promptly:

•Name
•Address
•Day and evening phone numbers
•Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
•Current vehicle mileage and mileage at time of repair
•Name of dealership where vehicle was purchased / serviced
•Date of service
•Description of the concern
•The requested action (reimbursement)
•Repair Order and proof of payment (depending who did the repair, you might need the originals.)
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #96
av8tr

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I just changed the third out of four windows out to the Stieger part. Worth the money, took me about an hour. Waiting for the front driver window to fail and I will change that one. Knew of the problem from this site and went ahead and bought all four at the same time.

()_)-()_)-o-)_)

2001 TJ
2007 KJ
2007 Dodge Ram 2500
av8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #97
nicoleg97
2004 KJ Liberty 

Flaws in Window Regulators

I too believe that Jeep is well aware that their window regulators are faulty and also refuse to repair them at no cost because its technically not a life-threatening safety issue. They are well aware that it will be a costly venture. I have had my Jeep Liberty for 8 years and have replaced two windows so far due to faulty regulators and my mechanic tellls me to look forward to a third.
nicoleg97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #98
CaliTuff
2006 KJ Liberty 

Really?!?!?

I just had my back window regulator (driver side) go out! THIS IS THE 6th TIME!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!! I am SPEECHLESS!!!!!
CaliTuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #99
CaliTuff
2006 KJ Liberty 

And YES I cahange them myself. Currently, 3 of the 4 windows are broken. I HATE CHRYSLER for letting this go on.
CaliTuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #100
BigDen

I got the Steiger part, took the door apart to put it on. Then I discovered that the problem was not a plastic regulator (it is made of metal). The problem with our window is the tube that encases the cable that does the lifting. If that tube is broken, at least between the motor and top of the slide, the window will go up but not down. So Jeep has a plastic part taking pressure from the window mechanism. That is a recipe for disaster. I guess I'll have to get a replacement unit form eBay ($64).
BigDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #101
Malagor01
2007 KJ Liberty 

I know this is an old thread, but it was the first link I found on Google with useful info. I figured I should add some relevant information from my own experience.

I had my right rear window fall down on me. Thanks to this thread I found out about the extended warranty on them and drove it to my nearest jeep dealer to get it fixed. Unfortunately my issue was not the lift plate. The cable itself had snapped, so it wasn't covered.

I did talk to the mechanic a bit who was working on it though. He told me he has had to replace not just the old plates but a lot of the new style lift plates as well. I'm thinking if I have issues again ill just open it up myself to see if it is the plate. If it is, I will just order the Steiger replacement since the mechanic didn't have anything nice to say about the new ones either.
Malagor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #102
Slvr

Jeep lost my loyalty

I have owned several jeeps over the past two decades, but I don't know if I'll buy another one. The rear window assembly broke on my liberty FOR THE SEVENTH TIME! This time I was hundred of miles from home with firearms in the vehicle and no way to secure them. Chrysler used to argue with me about fixing the window but would eventually do it. They say they'll repair it this time, too. But its not just the way Chrysler has decided to deal with this common problem that bothers me, that is, just ignore it and keep paying for repairs. Its the attitude of, "oh, well....its a known problem." Seven repairs have cost me time, money, and frustration. And, while they no longer argue about paying for the repair, Chrysler, the Dealershship, the Service Manager, repair donkeys...all of them...don't seem the least bit troubled by it. No apologies, nothing about fixing it for good, no concern at all. I took my jeep to the Service Department by appointment today. They told me they had the part to fix it. But, after waiting for over an hour, I was told they didn't have the part and I would need to make another appointment. Not an apology, not a thankyou, not a kiss my *** and got to hell. I have calculated that one of my windows on my jeep breaks about every 12,000 miles. The Liberty is just not that good of a car to keep dealing with this. Maybe jeep and chysler isn't either.
Slvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #103
tbois

Another one bits the dust. I had the right rear window fail about a month ago. I called the JEEP dealer and they quoted me 300 bucks for the part. I called Dodge and was quoted 195 bucks. I went online and see there are after market parts available any where 70 bucks on up.

At least there are some after market parts for less than half of what the dealer wants. This will be the 5th one to be replaced in a vehicle with less than 90,000 miles. If I every get my hands on the design engineer who decided to use plastic in this assy, well let just say I would have a few choice words for him.
tbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #104
clapperc

So although there is a letter that states Chrysler will cover the cost... They are not?
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #105
chriswarn
2003 KJ Liberty 

Thank you

Thank you so much to the person who suggested zip tying the window to keep the window closed until it can be repaired!! It was fast and easy and beats duct tape! Just make sure you buy long enough zip ties.
chriswarn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.