Jeep Liberty Window Problems Solutions - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Jeep Liberty Window Problems Solutions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 03-01-2012, 03:06 AM   #76
sunny21127
2002 KJ Liberty 

Hey guys! I've just recently bought a 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4. Owned it now for almost a month and driving to work today I noticed the rear passenger side window was opened. Tried closing it and it would not go up at all. The window is stuck inside the door and it rained all day today, whole back seat is wet!!!!... Still love my Jeep tho but man!... I thought I had the perfect vehicle until this happened. I still love it, but from everyones post I guess this is going to be an ongoing problem for me too... I might just tell my mechanic to ductape, glue or just do something to keep the window up and never use it again. Reading from everyone's post sounds like it has a hard time keeping the window up in place...

sunny21127 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #77
etphoto
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Here it is 2012 and i knew nothing about the regulators in the Liberty. My daughter (in college) called me saying her rear driver's side window wont go up. She drove it home and i started to research the net and discovered this is a common problem with Libertys. I found this video on how to jury rig it until getting it fix. I stink at fixing stuff and it took me !5 minutes to fix the issue so she can return to school until i get the mental parts this thread informed me about.
etphoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #78
brendanc
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
Here it is 2012 and i knew nothing about the regulators in the Liberty. My daughter (in college) called me saying her rear driver's side window wont go up. She drove it home and i started to research the net and discovered this is a common problem with Libertys. I found this video on how to jury rig it until getting it fix. I stink at fixing stuff and it took me !5 minutes to fix the issue so she can return to school until i get the mental parts this thread informed me about.
Yep, that video is what I did when the clip for my window motor broke. Then I got the steiger part. I'd rather have working windows, especially when I have others in the car during the summer.
brendanc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #79
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by goss112 View Post
As a former ase certified technician. All models of vehicle with movable windows will experience regulator trouble accross the board with the epa emissions regulations, and the attempts for the manufactures of vehicles to make them lighter and more fuel efficient parts are made with lighter materials. so the old style metal gear driven regulators are gone. now we have these cheap plastic and cable run regulators. many of these regulators are used in many different vehicles. you could possibly cross match a chrysler part number into another vehicle easily. Dephi is known as a gm brand however. dephi parts and electronics are used in all makes and models of vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny21127 View Post
I might just tell my mechanic to ductape, glue or just do something to keep the window up and never use it again. Reading from everyone's post sounds like it has a hard time keeping the window up in place...
My dad's Buick's (he retired from GM) rear window is taped shut. No one ever really sits in the back and the car has air conditioning.
I'm sure eventually it will get fixed, but it's not really a high priority.

Now if it was a front window, it would be a different story...
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #80
JeepCares

This is just to let you know in case you didn't know.

SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 23-026-10
GROUP: Body
DATE: December 09, 2010
SUBJECT:
Front Or Rear Window Bind, Stick, Tips or Is Inoperative (7 Year-Unlimited Mileage Extended Warranty)
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves inspecting the window regulator to determine why the window is not functioning properly. A service kit is now available if the lift plate is the cause.
MODELS:
2006-2007 KJ Liberty
2006-2007 KJ Cherokee (International)
NOTE: This Extended Warranty Bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after March 15, 2006 (MDH 0315XX)
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some customers may experience a front or rear door window that exhibits a binding, sticking, tipping forward, chattering or a window that is inoperative.
DIAGNOSIS:
If the customer experiences the symptom/condition, proceed to the repair procedure.
NOTE: Vehicles included in this Service Bulletin have a 7 Year- Unlimited Mileage warranty.
Unread 03-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #81
HustlinFlip
2004 KJ Liberty 

As a temporary solution, I just opened the door panel up and pushed the glass up the track. I zip-tied the part that runs on the track so that it stays in place.

Been like that on two of my windows for months now, I'm just too lazy/cheap to buy a metal part... but I will eventually.
HustlinFlip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #82
clapperc

Lee: New repair kit(s)?

Lee, Would you please tell us about the NEW replacement kits that replaces the previous repair kits? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
This is just to let you know in case you didn't know.

SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 23-026-10
GROUP: Body
DATE: December 09, 2010
SUBJECT:
Front Or Rear Window Bind, Stick, Tips or Is Inoperative (7 Year-Unlimited Mileage Extended Warranty)
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves inspecting the window regulator to determine why the window is not functioning properly. A service kit is now available if the lift plate is the cause.
MODELS:
2006-2007 KJ Liberty
2006-2007 KJ Cherokee (International)
NOTE: This Extended Warranty Bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after March 15, 2006 (MDH 0315XX)
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some customers may experience a front or rear door window that exhibits a binding, sticking, tipping forward, chattering or a window that is inoperative.
DIAGNOSIS:
If the customer experiences the symptom/condition, proceed to the repair procedure.
NOTE: Vehicles included in this Service Bulletin have a 7 Year- Unlimited Mileage warranty.
clapperc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #83
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapperc View Post
Lee, Would you please tell us about the NEW replacement kits that replaces the previous repair kits? Thanks.
Not sure if this is what you are looking for -

Parts Description
Left Front Lift plate kit
Left Front Lift plate kit,for Modified door
with Pin on glass style attachment only

Right Front Lift Plate Kit
Right Front Lift plate kit, for Modified door

Left Rear Lift Plate Kit
Left Rear Lift plate kit, for Modified door

Right Rear Lift Plate Kit
Right Rear Lift plate kit, for Modified door

Left Front Glass Run Channel Seal
Left Rear Glass Run Channel Seal - Deep
Tint, Sales code GEG
Left Rear Glass Run Channel Seal- Sales
code GEJ

Right Front Glass Run Channel Seal
Right Rear Glass Run Channel Seal - Deep
Tint, Sales code GEG
Right Rear Glass Run Channel Seal- Sales
code GEJ

NOTE: Most issues are related to lift plate breakage. These vehicles can be repaired by installing the lift plate kit.
NOTE: Some 2006 MY or 2007 MY Jeep Liberties may have an alternate window regulator installed with a different glass attachment. They may be marked
with a sticker on the inner door to identify this change. These regulators
require the “pin on glass” attachment style service kit (2002-2005 MY type).
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #84
clapperc

Here's the scoop...

I've had two of the four regulators/stuff replaced at different times. Last week back to the shop to replace a failed number three.

In my visit for the third... The Jeep service folks reported there was a "new" replacement repair kit for the problem. This superseded 23-026-10.

As a result... They replace all four regulators/stuff with the "new" repair kits.

Thoughts?
Unread 03-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #85
JeepCares

Quote:
Here's the scoop...

I've had two of the four regulators/stuff replaced at different times. Last week back to the shop to replace a failed number three.

In my visit for the third... The Jeep service folks reported there was a "new" replacement repair kit for the problem. This superseded 23-026-10.

As a result... They replace all four regulators/stuff with the "new" repair kits.

Thoughts?
The warranty (extension) bulletin D-10-36 related to the service bulletin 23-026-10 was revised November 2, 2011 in order to communicate claim processing guidelines to ensure consistent claim processing across all dealerships.

There are 2 different service bulletins:

23‐026‐10 for 2006 model year built after March 15,
2006 through the 2007 model year
23‐002‐11 for 2002 model year through 2006 model
year built up to March 15, 2006.

Not sure specifically what you are talking about - the only vehicle you show on your Jeep Space is a 1990 Grand Wagoneer with a V8.
Unread 03-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #86
chevyx68
Tumble Bee

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have this problem on my Lady's '03 Liberty. I've never been a fan of power windows anyway because it's just more to go wrong. I've purchased the Steiger kit, but just waiting for the right time to do it. Her driver window works, just chatters when the window reaches fully closed position.

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 3" lift for playing in the dirt
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited for picking up groceries and going away on vacation
1988 Buick Regal Custom, just because

"If, at first, you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do succeed!" -Curly Stooge

164,000mi and counting.
chevyx68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #87
clapperc

I couldn't figure out how to enter the heard!

1987 Wagoneer Limited XJ (Restoration in progress)
1990 Grand Wagoneer (Restored)
2007 Liberty
2007 Commander
2008 SRT
1971 Ford Mach-1 (Restoration in progress - My high-school ride!)

Let me do a bit more research and see what I can find-out on the subject. All I know is what the dealership folks told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
The warranty (extension) bulletin D-10-36 related to the service bulletin 23-026-10 was revised November 2, 2011 in order to communicate claim processing guidelines to ensure consistent claim processing across all dealerships.

There are 2 different service bulletins:

23‐026‐10 for 2006 model year built after March 15,
2006 through the 2007 model year
23‐002‐11 for 2002 model year through 2006 model
year built up to March 15, 2006.

Not sure specifically what you are talking about - the only vehicle you show on your Jeep Space is a 1990 Grand Wagoneer with a V8.
Unread 03-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #88
JeepCares

Quote:
I couldn't figure out how to enter the heard!

1987 Wagoneer Limited XJ (Restoration in progress)
1990 Grand Wagoneer (Restored)
2007 Liberty
2007 Commander
2008 SRT
1971 Ford Mach-1 (Restoration in progress - My high-school ride!)

Let me do a bit more research and see what I can find-out on the subject. All I know is what the dealership folks told me.
maybe even part numbers
Unread 03-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #89
clapperc

The mystery continues... Here is a copy of my paper-work:

Unread 03-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #90
JeepCares

Quote:
The mystery continues... Here is a copy of my paper-work:
My work computer won't allow me to go to these links. Could you please just send me the part numbers?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.