Jeep Liberty Window Problems Solutions - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Jeep Liberty Window Problems Solutions

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 01-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #46
abbera

Jeep Liberty Window Regulator - Warranty?

Looks like the owners of 2006-2007 Jepp Libertys with window regulator problem might be getting some relief. I got a letter today saying they are extending the warranty on these to 7 years and unlimited miles. They are also accepting claims for previous repairs. The jury is still out but I am going to submit my 6 claims at least! They refer only to the "lift plate repair" (which in my case now causes the window to go up crooked). I talked to the local dealer and he said this might not cover broken cables which I think is the primary issue, at least on my 6. We'll see! ;.)

abbera is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #47
eposselt

Libert window problems

Check out this JEEP LIBERTY fix-it-yourself video on You Tube:

hope it helps!
eposselt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #48
goatscrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbera View Post
Looks like the owners of 2006-2007 Jepp Libertys with window regulator problem might be getting some relief. I got a letter today saying they are extending the warranty on these to 7 years and unlimited miles. They are also accepting claims for previous repairs. The jury is still out but I am going to submit my 6 claims at least! They refer only to the "lift plate repair" (which in my case now causes the window to go up crooked). I talked to the local dealer and he said this might not cover broken cables which I think is the primary issue, at least on my 6. We'll see! ;.)
oh really
goatscrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #49
adamwoo
2007 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Hi abbera, can you post the letter you received to this forum so we can all share the information.

I tried ask Chrysler directly about this policy but received an email with a URL link in it asking me scan my purchase details to their case manager first. Don't understand why they make it like a top secret action.
adamwoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #50
abbera

Jeep Liberty (06-07) window regulator followup

I do not have a scanner connected to my pc but the letter is dated Dec. 15, 2010 from Chrysler Group LLC. It said to contact your local Jeep Dealer.

Followup - I took my 06 Liberty in to S J Denham in Redding, Calif. and service advisor had it inspected and said they will replace the regulator under the warranty at no cost to me. However he said parts were on back-order so he ordered parts and will contact me as soon as they arrive. That has been 3 days and he said it should take 2 weeks max. P.S. He also said they will replace the window seal was was "too tight" at the same time at no cost. I will wait and see!

I have filed a claim with Chrysler for the 4 I replaced (only receipts I could find) and am still waiting for response!

At least they have confurmed this is a problem. We'll see if they follow up!
Unread 01-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #51
adamwoo
2007 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
I do not have a scanner connected to my pc but the letter is dated Dec. 15, 2010 from Chrysler Group LLC. It said to contact your local Jeep Dealer.

Followup - I took my 06 Liberty in to S J Denham in Redding, Calif. and service advisor had it inspected and said they will replace the regulator under the warranty at no cost to me. However he said parts were on back-order so he ordered parts and will contact me as soon as they arrive. That has been 3 days and he said it should take 2 weeks max. P.S. He also said they will replace the window seal was was "too tight" at the same time at no cost. I will wait and see!

I have filed a claim with Chrysler for the 4 I replaced (only receipts I could find) and am still waiting for response!

At least they have confurmed this is a problem. We'll see if they follow up!
Thanks Abbera for these details. Appreciate it. I will give it a try.
adamwoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #52
mike_g212001

Windoe regulators

FYI Jeep has extnded the warranty for 7 years from date of purchase for '06 and '07 liberty window regulators, unlimited milage. This isn't a recall but i got a letter from jeep. Your dealer should know about this. If you need me to email you the letter let me know -
mike_g212001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #53
athena33
2003 KJ Liberty 

recently i have had problems with my 03 liberty. we took it too several places regarding the water only on the drivers side (and the back seat). we had the a/c checked to see if that was the cause but it wasn't. so we ended up taking it to a glass shop where they discovered that the seal wasn't tight anymore so we had the windsheild replaced. However this did not solve the problem. we tried drying it out with a heavy duty vacuum by sucking out the water but it keeps coming back especially since it continues to rain (live in washington st), so the problem has gotten worse. havent gone to a dealership since i bought mine used and they generally cost more than it should be. currently we are at a lose for a solution.
athena33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #54
chadwilliam1

Does anybody know if this warranty is transfrable? This is my wifes car and she bought it from her cousin so maybe she could get her cousin to take care of it. I am tempted to try fixing it myself. Drivers side rear window been broken for about a year.
chadwilliam1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #55
abbera

As far as I know there are no limitations. I bought mine used at a dealer so I am second owner. My Jeep dealer still has not gotten the parts to make my repair yet though!
Unread 03-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #56
T_Tuff

Its the cheap plastic window mount that breaks most often. I found a METAL replacement window mount at http://www.tkoautoparts.com

Best thing I ever did because those plastic ones kept breaking.
T_Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #57
RocketQjQ

Peat and RePeat sitting on a fence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketQjQ View Post
Well, had the Drivers-side passenger window replaced today from Normadin Chrysler Jeep in San Jose and not only did the Service Advisor have the Window AND Regulator replaced under a new TSB, put a sticker on the door and warranty the repair for 1year, regardles of the Factory Warranty but also brought me the broken Regulator and showed me where the Cable screws into the PLASTIC connector had broken due to not enough threads into the connector and something about the angle.

But all fixed and working fine.......supposedly for good!
Well, its been a little over one year since we had the Whole Window and All New Regulator REPLACED and guess what boys and girls?? Yep, you guess it without even trying....the damn window Reg broke again. How could this happen since they are replacing everything.....or are they? Perhaps they're just replacing the same little Japanese Plastic Part, even though the Dealer knows its a bad design and will most Certainly Break Again. But then again, that's just REPEAT business and maybe they'll find something else wrong NOt covered under the Warranty and make some more Money. It appears Jeep Inc doesn't want to repair this Window Regulator Plastic Bracket with a Metal One as perhaps their R&D Dept can't handle anymore extra thinking. There are a lot of other small business making these METAL Replacement Parts but Jeep Inc. doesn't seem to mind fixing these Regulators as they Extended the Warranty on them for 7yrs Total. So my 2007 has been in FOUR times already and if the warranty extends me out to 2014, its only a day off from work, drive 30miles and wait in their Customer Service Conference Room with all the other Sad People sitting around. Maybe I'll bring my Banjo and we sing some Country Windows Blues songs together. Maybe even create our own Window CD!! That's all folks, see ya next month when the other side breaks.
Rocket
RocketQjQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #58
RocketQjQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_g212001 View Post
FYI Jeep has extnded the warranty for 7 years from date of purchase for '06 and '07 liberty window regulators, unlimited milage. This isn't a recall but i got a letter from jeep. Your dealer should know about this. If you need me to email you the letter let me know -
Hi Mike, could you please email me this letter. My dealership says they can't find it, although the 1-800Customer Service can bring it up on their system in minutes. I would love to have a copy to laminate and tape to all my windows the next time I take it back in.

Thanks ...Ron
(rocketqjq@Comcast.net)
Unread 07-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #59
RocketQjQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanc View Post
You seem very angry over a fairly trivial problem (if you can look at the big picture).

Yes, it's inconvenient.
Yes, it costs money to replace.
Yes, it sucks that Jeep gives people a hassle about replacing them for free.
But, no, it's not worth getting bent out of shape over.

It's your prerogative to "never own another Jeep/Chrysler again" because of this, but that's really a really short-sighted decision. In the grand scheme of things, a broken window regulator is (or at least should be) the least of your worries.
Wait,wait, this is too funny. One buys a New Jeep and almost immediately the Windows start dropping like flies and let me tell you during a hard rain storm this really sucks cause the whole back seat is getting wet, speakers and wiring getting all wet, plus the Helicopter sound with one window open and only 90 more miles to go ISN'T REALLY INCOVENIENT. Taking a day off work to drive 30miles to get it fixed and then being told the Flasker Bob Pinion Clip needs to be replaced for an xtra $300, ISN'T REALLY INCONVENIENT! Sitting in a waiting room for 3hrs (here it comes, wait, wait...ISN'T REALLY AN INCONVENIENT! Spending time off from work, gas money to get there and back and paying for other made up stuff COSTS MY MONEY. And that mere THOUGHT that JEEP knows about this problem but would still rather replace the Whole Regulator, Window Track and WINDOW but STILL USING THE SAME PLASTIC PART rather than simply making a metal track guide is just plain....(here it comes, wait, wait wait for it)....STUPID!!
I preparing to trade my Corvette w/only 20K miles on it for a Jeep Sahara and soon as I do, I'll pull the door panels off and check for any plastic reg guides and redsign new ones so I don't have to make my Monthly Window Appts. IMO, the engineer that designed this little plastic window guide for the LIbertys should have one of these shoved up his little tail pipe.
Shame on you Jeep!! You should be very ashamed of yourself for treating your loyal Customers this way. Shame.
Unread 07-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #60
RocketQjQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by eposselt View Post
Check out this JEEP LIBERTY fix-it-yourself video on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogy4jogaTmo

hope it helps!
Helps A Lot!!! But since the rear windows seem to break the most, can you post another YouTube for the Rear Window R&R???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.