Jeep Liberty Window Problems Solutions - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Jeep Liberty Window Problems Solutions

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 10-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #31
LahLaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 1
Complete Safety Hazard!

How is it not a safety hazard?! I was driving down the interstate and went to put the passenger side window down. I heard a loud pop, almost like a gun shot. It made me jerk the wheel because I thought a tire on a semi truck blew. The window then started falling into the door while I was going 70 miles per hour. The next day (after I had taped up the previous window) the driver side window and back windows broke at the same time. I am not a smoker and I love my air conditioning, so my windows are never down. There is a problem with these parts and if the company is smart, they will recall their defective product.

LahLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #32
tjkj2002
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by LahLaw View Post
How is it not a safety hazard?! I was driving down the interstate and went to put the passenger side window down. I heard a loud pop, almost like a gun shot. It made me jerk the wheel because I thought a tire on a semi truck blew. The window then started falling into the door while I was going 70 miles per hour. The next day (after I had taped up the previous window) the driver side window and back windows broke at the same time. I am not a smoker and I love my air conditioning, so my windows are never down. There is a problem with these parts and if the company is smart, they will recall their defective product.
Side windows are not safety problems according to most states and defined by laws but a luxury item.Until all 50 states can agree the glass can not be recalled as per the law besides the front windshield.

I know here in CO the front windshield is not required but windshield wipers are,just like my home state wipers are not required but a front windshield is.There are no laws pertaining to side glass and is classified as a luxury item so does not fall under clasification for a recall.
__________________
'02 Liberty sitting on 35" tires,HP44,RockJock60,and AtlasII t-case
tjkj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #33
hbrulez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lenexa, KS
Posts: 3
Will never buy Jeep again

This window regulator issue should have been recalled by Jeep by now. If you google this issue, you will find thousands of unhappy customers. The faulty regulators break, even while driving and the window just falls and disappears into the door. Imagine driving down the highway in the winter months with your newborn in the back car seat and a window falls open. In one year, all four windows have needed a replaced window regulator. Unacceptable. Jeep is aware of this problem and has dismissed it with no recall. Our tax dollars bailed them out, the least they could do is repay the tax payers for their own errors. I not only want a refund, I would like a personal apology from Jeep given to everyone who has had to deal with this issue as well. I will never own another Jeep/Chrysler again for the simple lack of acknowledgment.
hbrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #34
brendanc
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbrulez View Post
This window regulator issue should have been recalled by Jeep by now. If you google this issue, you will find thousands of unhappy customers. The faulty regulators break, even while driving and the window just falls and disappears into the door. Imagine driving down the highway in the winter months with your newborn in the back car seat and a window falls open. In one year, all four windows have needed a replaced window regulator. Unacceptable. Jeep is aware of this problem and has dismissed it with no recall. Our tax dollars bailed them out, the least they could do is repay the tax payers for their own errors. I not only want a refund, I would like a personal apology from Jeep given to everyone who has had to deal with this issue as well. I will never own another Jeep/Chrysler again for the simple lack of acknowledgment.
You seem very angry over a fairly trivial problem (if you can look at the big picture).

Yes, it's inconvenient.
Yes, it costs money to replace.
Yes, it sucks that Jeep gives people a hassle about replacing them for free.
But, no, it's not worth getting bent out of shape over.

It's your prerogative to "never own another Jeep/Chrysler again" because of this, but that's really a really short-sighted decision. In the grand scheme of things, a broken window regulator is (or at least should be) the least of your worries.
brendanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #35
HialeahAngler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hialeah, Fl
Posts: 24
My rear driver's side went as well. forget fixing it, I have three other windows. put some bolts on and sealed that baby permanently.
HialeahAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #36
sweepnchoke
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketQjQ View Post
Chrylser decided to save $.27 cents on this cheap plastic cable connector and spend $600. dollars on replacing 20% of all their cars. Now....I'm not a math whiz.....but even with basic math, I can see the writing on the wall here.
Unfortunately it's no different with any automobile manufacturer. I work in the automotive industry for many different manufacturers, and they all have the same mentality, penny wise but dollar STUPID!!
__________________
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2434197
sweepnchoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 07:19 AM   #37
hbrulez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lenexa, KS
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanc View Post
You seem very angry over a fairly trivial problem (if you can look at the big picture).

Yes, it's inconvenient.
Yes, it costs money to replace.
Yes, it sucks that Jeep gives people a hassle about replacing them for free.
But, no, it's not worth getting bent out of shape over.

It's your prerogative to "never own another Jeep/Chrysler again" because of this, but that's really a really short-sighted decision. In the grand scheme of things, a broken window regulator is (or at least should be) the least of your worries.
Trivial problem. Google it. There are more complaints and unhappy CUSTOMERS than you can believe. Below is reasoning for this not being a "trivial problem."

1. Jeep has not replaced my windows for free.

2. It has happened four times now.

3. The first time was while my newborn daughter was in the back while driving down the interstate during the winter.

4. It's my decision to never buy Jeep again because of their lack of acknowledgment that this is an issue and failure to pay for their mistakes in my case...meaning there are many others not being replaced on Jeep as well.

What do you care any how. I'm guessing you haven't had this happen with a baby in your car. I'm guessing you haven't been dismissed by both your Jeep dealer and the customer hotline. I'm also guessing you have no business assuming and commenting on my complaint, the purpose of this site. Thank you.
hbrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #38
Bmach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 269
And the baby was hurt by what? I think you are over reacting to a minor problem. Yes it should not happen but it is not like you had a tire blowout or a ball joint break while driving.
Bmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #39
sweepnchoke
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmach View Post
And the baby was hurt by what?
This doesn't even deserve a response, and it's a pretty simple guess that you aren't a parent.
__________________
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2434197
sweepnchoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #40
Bmach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 269
Actually I am a grand parent I am but I am not one that overreacts. As I asked, how was the baby hurt? Get the window fixed with the aftermarket kit and forget about it.
Bmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 12:22 PM   #41
tjkj2002
Registered User
2002 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbrulez View Post
Trivial problem. Google it. There are more complaints and unhappy CUSTOMERS than you can believe. Below is reasoning for this not being a "trivial problem."

1. Jeep has not replaced my windows for free.

2. It has happened four times now.

3. The first time was while my newborn daughter was in the back while driving down the interstate during the winter.

4. It's my decision to never buy Jeep again because of their lack of acknowledgment that this is an issue and failure to pay for their mistakes in my case...meaning there are many others not being replaced on Jeep as well.

What do you care any how. I'm guessing you haven't had this happen with a baby in your car. I'm guessing you haven't been dismissed by both your Jeep dealer and the customer hotline. I'm also guessing you have no business assuming and commenting on my complaint, the purpose of this site. Thank you.
Hope you never buy another vehicle with windows that roll up or down as the same issues happen to all makes and models,not just Jeep.
__________________
'02 Liberty sitting on 35" tires,HP44,RockJock60,and AtlasII t-case
tjkj2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 07:04 AM   #42
hbrulez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lenexa, KS
Posts: 3
I'm no longer being polite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Hope you never buy another vehicle with windows that roll up or down as the same issues happen to all makes and models,not just Jeep.
Actually, the problem with this Jeep model is that the window regulator snaps for no reason. Then, when Jeep realized the problem, they designed a new window with two holes instead of one like the original. So, when you go to replace a cheap little regulator, you now have to spend money for a new window too. This is an EPIDEMIC problem with Jeep. Stop belittling my feelings. I feel sorry for your loved ones.

I'm tired of being polite. To the "grandparent" that asked what my NEWBORN BABY was hurt by when a window disappeared going 70 mph down the interstate IN THE WINTER, GO F YOURSELF. The shear panic it caused, the pulling over with my child in the back and sitting on the side of the road as cars speed by on icy roads, the finding out that this is an epidemic problem with Jeep and then being told that you just have to eat it because they designed a poor window and window regulator, but hey, it's been fixed with a new design so NOW you have to purchase a new window regulator AND a new window. If you have so much money laying around that an extra $1200 is trivial, go ahead and just give it to Jeep. As a new and starting out young family, we think that $1,200 could have gone to a better cause. You will not be making a point by picking on my original comment any longer except that you are an A**hole.

To any one else on here that thinks this complaint is ridiculous, I can only assume you either work for Jeep or are a complete idiot for needing the above paragraph to explain my problem with this vehicle as it actually is a problem. Again, go F yourself.

Have a nice day,
hbrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #43
Bmach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 269
The aftermarket part is less than $100, and no need for a new window. How does a window going down cause "SHEAR PANIC"? Plus if the roads were that bad you PANICKED by pulling over on an icy highway with speeding traffic to just put the window up! What heck would you do if a tire blew out or a ball join snapped have a coronary. Plus you paniced in how you got it fixed instead of researching the fix.
Bmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #44
jp7794
Registered User
2006 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MO
Posts: 293
If you saw how idiotic Johnson County Kansas drivers are then you would panic too! It is downright hysterical how clueless they are while driving.

hbrulez - We all need to vent but perhaps you should be venting to Chrysler and not here. This thread has multiple pages of ways to resolve this problem, yet you resurrect this thread just to complain. Not very productive and most of us would rather not look at your literary diarrhea.

Three posts and nothing but *****ing = me blocking you.
jp7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #45
Armyjeep723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Yelm, Washington
Posts: 1
Jeep Liberty Window

For the second time in 4 years I am having issues with my 2006 jeep liberty windows. The first time the dealership replaced it for free due to the warranty. I contacted the dealership again and they told me that it's going to cost me an arm and two legs cause I was 4K MI. over the warranty...... I took the door apart yesterday and investigated the issue. After about an hour of fun, I found that the spring that guides the window up and down is not sitting properly inside the window base. The motor to the window works fine. Has anyone found this to be an issue for them as well? If so, any tips outside of bringing it to the dealership? The closest one for me is about an hour away, and its winter time and rains a-lot in the northwest, so I prefer to take care of this at home. Thanks!!!! The spring stays seated on the down, but once the windows goes about half way down, and it looses its grip and the window slides into the door. Thanks!
Armyjeep723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.