Jeep Liberty recall procedure for Lower Ball Joints - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Jeep Liberty recall procedure for Lower Ball Joints

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-12-2004, 05:24 PM   #16
fastfive0
2012 JK Wrangler 

Being a recall they cannot refuse to perform the repair regardless of modifications.

fastfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #17
SipRedWine

The Jeep Liberty BJ Recall BLOWS!

I got my recall notice over the holidays and just now got around to calling to set up an appointment. I talked to TWO local dealers and was told by both that they only get in 5 sets of the ball joints a week and it was first come - first serve and to call back on Thursday 1st thing to hope that I was one of the lucky 5. They BOTH told me that there was NO waiting list. Just keep calling till they could put me in. How nice... so... I called Chrysler who told me it was true that the dealers were only getting 3-5 sets per week per dealer and why didn't I ask to be put on the waiting list. I explained that I was told there was no waiting list and meanwhile my Liberty with 60,000 was making noise in the front suspension. I asked him who my attorney should contact when I crashed. He became quite helpful after that and got me on the waiting list at TWO dealers.

I think this will be the last Chrysler I own! Anyone want to buy a used Liberty??? Hey, I have a Sebring Convertible with really low miles for sale too!

I have not had good luck with ANY Jeep dealer since I bought the car. Makes me long for the service from Honda!
SipRedWine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #18
brandoncrone
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfive0
No, recalls do not expire by time or mileage. Keep in mind......this recall is mostly for the 2002 liberty. Most that I have seen on the 2003's do not require replacement of the ball joints. 2002's are almost all replacements.......but I have not seen 1 2003 need the balljoints replaced yet. We simply put it up on the lift inspect them and give them back to the customer.
I don't know what recall you are talking about, but the F23 recall is ALL Libertys produced up to 3-06 from the begining regardless if it has been done or not already. Ive had 2005 Jeeps blow out the LBJs. You are supposed to replace them if they are loose or not. No inspection is required.
brandoncrone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2007, 06:37 AM   #19
rob92xj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfive0
No, recalls do not expire by time or mileage. Keep in mind......this recall is mostly for the 2002 liberty. Most that I have seen on the 2003's do not require replacement of the ball joints. 2002's are almost all replacements.......but I have not seen 1 2003 need the balljoints replaced yet. We simply put it up on the lift inspect them and give them back to the customer.
Funny I had an 05 KJ towed in with the right lower ball joint seperated and when I did the recall on my wifes 05 KJ the right ball joint had alot of play in it and it only has 15000 miles on it.
Would also help if they would get enough of a supply from DCX's vendor to send out more then 3-5 ball joints to a dealer aweek.
rob92xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #20
2006libertycrd
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
It's not "might be" I am a service manager at one of the largest dealerships in Pa. Every chrysler/jeep/dodge dealership is required to run whats called a V.I.P on any car that is serviced. Included in that online printout is any recall ever issued on your vehicle that has or has not been completed. Therefore when you go into your dealership if they question you about the recall tell them its a DC policy/procedure to run a VIP on your vehicle and findout. This is when most owners find out there are more then 1 recall out there remaining on there vehicle. If you feel that what I'm telling you is a little more then you want to tell your dealer,feel free to post your VIN number and I will run a VIP for you and let you know within a minute of me reading your post.
Thanks for offering your assistance. Perhaps you could look at my VIN # to see exactly what recalls may be legible for my 2006 CRD Jeep Liberty? i.e. ball joints, torque converter, etc.
I purchased and installed the diesel fuel filter assembly, with the new wire harness.

VIN# 1J8GL58546W247331

thank you for this assistance....
2006libertycrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #21
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to JF -

You can get a VIP report on your 06 at any Jeep dealer nation wide. Walk up to the service counter, just takes a few minutes.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.