Jeep Liberty MOAB wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Jeep Liberty MOAB wheels

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
kjowner168

Jeep Liberty MOAB wheels

I have the opportunity to get 5, 2004 Wrangler Rubicon MOABs, 1 with a new Goodyear MT/R (245/75/16) for $350. It seems like an incredible deal, any thoughts? thanks!

kjowner168 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
kjowner168

i forgot to say they are 16x8. 5 inches of backspace
kjowner168 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
patter5
2006 TJ Wrangler 

do it
patter5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
KevinGnWV
2005 KJ Liberty 

I'd get them. If even to flip them for an extra $100.
KevinGnWV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
WXman
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

Just keep in mind that the Moab wheels are forged, not cast, and therefore are HEAVY. Kiss some fuel economy goodbye.

Refer to the thread "Moab wheels" in the tires and wheels section for more info.
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Thats a pretty good deal
The wheels are not that heavy as some think, MTRs are heavier than all get out though
I've been running Moabs for 80,000 miles or so, love them
Unread 04-07-2011, 07:30 AM   #7
WXman
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

The Moabs are 10 lbs. heavier per wheel than a standard 16" alloy. That's pretty significant. Imaging taking a 10 lb. dumbell and strapping it to your factory wheels...that's what it will be like with the Moabs. Again, power and efficiency is going to take a hit.

No one is arguing that the Moab wheels look awesome. They rock on just about any Jeep.
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #8
Xodius
2008 JK Wrangler 

I know here in vegas that is a screaming deal. They seem to go for around 5-800 here without the tires. Yes they are a little heavier but not that bad. I swapped my limited rims to these and love the look. Have not seen any MPG drop either but honest, I have so much other crap on it an extra weight on the wheel is the least of my concerns
Try the ARB bumper, winch, roughly 4-500 pound rear bumper, lol along with gas cans and other goodies, lol. Not to mention my fat rear.
Xodius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #9
elephantrider
2005 LJ Wrangler 

i loved the moabs i had on the ole libby.
i'd say do it !
elephantrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.