Jeep Liberty Diesel code P0069 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Jeep Liberty Diesel code P0069

Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 10-29-2008, 07:06 AM   #1
racecarricky
2006 KJ Liberty 

Jeep Liberty Diesel code P0069

We have been having several problems with the jeep all related to code P0069 which is supposedly a barometric pressure correlation. Got the part from the dealer (05101120-AB Sensor) my husband replaced it and since it has been 28 days later and check engine light is back on with the same code. How does this happen? Is it really possible that I got a faulty sensor or is this a common problem with the crd jeep.

Thanks

racecarricky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
merlinTec

Hi
I will need to check but I believe the barometric pressure sensor is part of the ECM (engine module) and not a part you could change.
Not looked up your part number yet to see what you have change but don't think it was the pressure sensor.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 10-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #3
gmctd
2005 KJ Liberty 

Pull the MAP sensor and clean the EGR crud - that rectangular black-plastic sensor is at the top-rear of the head adjacent the fuel filter, attached with a single hex-head bolt, four-wire connector - that other large-hex three-wire sensor back there is the Rail-Pressure Sensor, screwed into the rail, and another at the rear of the rail, the RP Solenoid - don't even mess with them.......................
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Al's arms, Moogs; Ranchos; Rubicons, 2.55 Gy's; Suncoast T\C, Transgo
'06 Cummins lift pump module, Fuel Manager\Filter, Filterminder
Four in a row really makes it go
gmctd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2008, 07:11 AM   #4
racecarricky
2006 KJ Liberty 

Thanks gmctd I will get my husband to try that. Of course after doing some running around now the check engine light is off. We are willing to try anything at this point as the check engine light seems to come on and go off so often with our vehicle. Hence why we know have a code reader instead of having to run to the dealer each time as the light is usually off by the time it reaches them.
racecarricky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
jpliberty
2006 KJ Liberty 

liberty crd check engine light

Did you ever find out the cause of the check engine light coming on and off?
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racecarricky View Post
Thanks gmctd I will get my husband to try that. Of course after doing some running around now the check engine light is off. We are willing to try anything at this point as the check engine light seems to come on and go off so often with our vehicle. Hence why we know have a code reader instead of having to run to the dealer each time as the light is usually off by the time it reaches them.
jpliberty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
ff1538

HELP crd P0069

Hi anyone have any information on error code P0069 Map/ Barometric Corelation i have cleaned the map but still have the code is the baro part of the ecu can it be fixed or is there a work around for it any help would be appreciated
ff1538 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #7
CATCRD
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1538 View Post
Hi anyone have any information on error code P0069 Map/ Barometric Corelation i have cleaned the map but still have the code is the baro part of the ecu can it be fixed or is there a work around for it any help would be appreciated
That code is going to be related to the sensor plugged into the side of the air filter box. The connection may be bad or loose, or the sensor may be bad. Try reseating that plug or look for a new sensor.
CATCRD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
ff1538

P0069

Finally replaced the sensor on the side of the air box no cel for over a week
ff1538 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #9
HATEKIA

The same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATCRD View Post
That code is going to be related to the sensor plugged into the side of the air filter box. The connection may be bad or loose, or the sensor may be bad. Try reseating that plug or look for a new sensor.
Hi,
I have a same problem with KIA CAREN 2006 2.0 DIESEL, my partner took it to a local garage the error code was same P0069, and engine check light is flashing all the time. what is this sensor called exactly and where can i buy it from dont want to go dealer they charge to much for any work pleas help thank you
HATEKIA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.