JBA rear bumpstops - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > JBA rear bumpstops

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 06-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
02libbyfirstcar
2002 KJ Liberty 

JBA rear bumpstops

Hey guys, quick question. What is the eat way to install bumpstops to the rear? Is there a special type of screw I should use or something because where you drill into is really tough. I was thinking a concrete anchor or something. Anyone have any ideas please shoot them my way I'll try anything. Thanks

02libbyfirstcar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Just drill down through the center of the spring pad and bolt them down, that way if you ever need to remove your spring its easy to remove
regular bolt works just fine
Unread 06-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
grenade187
2002 KJ Liberty 

I just used 1/4" bolts with a washer under the head and a nut and lockwasher on the bottom. I think I used 2-1/2" long for going through 2 hockey pucks. I drilled a bigger hole part way into the top puck so the heads didn't stick out, otherwise they may chew up the upper bumpstop.
grenade187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenade187 View Post
I just used 1/4" bolts with a washer under the head and a nut and lockwasher on the bottom. I think I used 2-1/2" long for going through 2 hockey pucks. I drilled a bigger hole part way into the top puck so the heads didn't stick out, otherwise they may chew up the upper bumpstop.
If doing like above make sure you can get a wrench or socket on the bolt head so you can remove if needed. Had one that I had to cut the bolt and hockey puck due to not be able to access the bolt head .
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
02libbyfirstcar
2002 KJ Liberty 

The last time I tried I couldn't get the screw to catch. It was late so I just gave up for another day. I still have to put the rear sway bar back on anyway. I'll try tapping it in so I can use a normal bolt.
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #6
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Tapping?
Just drill and run a bolt through with a nut on the bottom
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #7
02libbyfirstcar
2002 KJ Liberty 

Wait drill all the way through the stock lower bump stop? I just went outside and looked at it. Never realized there was all the space in between the axle shaft and the spring mount. I think I finally understand.
Unread 06-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02libbyfirstcar View Post
Wait drill all the way through the stock lower bump stop? I just went outside and looked at it. Never realized there was all the space in between the axle shaft and the spring mount. I think I finally understand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.