Ironman or OME? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Ironman or OME?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #1
adamson904
2006 KJ Liberty 

Ironman or OME?

Looking at the 1.5' lift kits for both. What do y'all prefer or think is better? I do not do a ton of serious off-roading but like to get out there once in a while and get dirty. Also what springs/strut/shocks did y'all go with if OME is preferred choice

adamson904 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #2
rbm92226
2005 KJ Liberty 

I have had the full iron man setup for a year and love it. Hd springs, 3/8 clevis, 1/4 top plate. Ride is better than new and on trails it inspires confidence. Don't forget uca's from jba. Wheel measurements from center of wheel to bottom of fender flares 23.0" front , 22.25" rear.
rbm92226 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

If you read through my various posts on here, LOSTJEEPs and JeepKJ you'll see I have ran both and that both are good lifts for the money. Some even think the Ironman ride better than the OME
Ironman shocks are longer both front and rear
Both come complete with springs and shocks
although advertised at 1.5 inches they both give more , the OME 2.5 and Ironman at about 2.25
Unread 04-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #4
adamson904
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbm92226
I have had the full iron man setup for a year and love it. Hd springs, 3/8 clevis, 1/4 top plate. Don't forget uca's from jba.
I bought the UCAs a while ago along with bump stops, don't have a Clevis or top plate though I don't think.
Unread 04-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #5
adamson904
2006 KJ Liberty 

Thanks tom!
Unread 04-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #6
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

never had issues in the past with EMU.
pentastarguy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.