Interior lights come on randomly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Interior lights come on randomly

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-25-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
Hurley91

Interior lights come on randomly

My Moms KJ's lights come on for no reason. When you are driving, the interior roof lights just come on and stay on for a random amount of time... Sometimes it will be on for a second and other times a couple of minutes.

Any ideas what it could be?

Unread 10-25-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
AndyTee
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley91 View Post
My Moms KJ's lights come on for no reason. When you are driving, the interior roof lights just come on and stay on for a random amount of time... Sometimes it will be on for a second and other times a couple of minutes.

Any ideas what it could be?
I've just had a similar issue and traced it to the rear glass ajar switch which was faulty however in my case I could see the "glass" warning flashing on the odometer.

If the glass isn't flashing then I would suggest it may be the multifunction switch (the indicator and wiper control stalk assembly). With my fault the interir lights were on all the time unless I had the panel lighting set to the off setting and then it would still come on again randomly.

Let us know how you get on
AndyTee is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.