Interesting tidbit - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Interesting tidbit

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #16
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

I'll be keeping my eye out for the stinkin Lincoln. If he isn't careful I'll snap some pics of it and post them on here, or blackmail him lol

streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #17
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Well at least send one my way via PM
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #18
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Poor guy, he doesn't even know my jeep, there are only a dozen stock height KJs in my color around here, but only one with alloy 15" wheels
Unread 11-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #19
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
I'll be keeping my eye out for the stinkin Lincoln. If he isn't careful I'll snap some pics of it and post them on here, or blackmail him lol
Quote:
Poor guy, he doesn't even know my jeep, there are only a dozen stock height KJs in my color around here, but only one with alloy 15" wheels
Hey I'm getting older,gotta have my mobile lazyboy,oh and still has a live rear axle and a V8.

Plus anyone that knows me pretty much knows I drive like a bat out of hell so I rarely even pay attention to who I'm passing or around,just to busy yelling at slow drivers in my way.
Unread 11-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #20
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

I've never seen that orange thing move, just pictures,lol. I swear it is concreted where I see it all the time. Getting older here but not ready for the barkolounger yet.
Unread 11-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #21
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
I've never seen that orange thing move, just pictures,lol. I swear it is concreted where I see it all the time. Getting older here but not ready for the barkolounger yet.
Funny thing is if you go on google maps and put my shops address in,yep you see my KJ clear as day in the same parking spot.
Unread 11-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #22
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Yep, sure is. I seriously wonder if that thing moves man,lol. If you go to Circle and Platte, you'll see mine beside the shop I used to work at in tower plaza too. If you drag the google guy down to street level, on circle, and look behind shortstop, you'll see my sporty KJ lowrider
Unread 11-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #23
Jeepguy4276

SA vs IFS, I don't mind either as long as it works.
Jeepguy4276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #24
02libbyfirstcar
2002 KJ Liberty 

i dont get the reference to the FNjeep sticker, can someone elaborate?
02libbyfirstcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #25
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

FnJeep is a local junk parts company for Jeeps. If you sport one of their stickers, you'll get a discount on their junk. The things we have tried to get from them in the past when a customer wanted a used part, we would go thru multiple parts that were blatantly wrong, or broken/damaged from removal. I once called them about if they had any Libertys coming thru, as I was looking for cruise control parts. They said they just got a 2001 Liberty in, and I could have the cruise off it . A day or two later I called to see if they had the vehicle pulled down yet, and was told, oh, we sold that outright, our bad. That said, I have zero confidence in what they have. So when we who know, see an FnJeep sticker, we just snicker, and think, "suckers". I'd rather sport a JBA sticker.
Unread 11-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #26
JDerek
2003 KJ Liberty 

I've had IFS AND SFA. I'd rather have the ability to manually lock and unlock the hubs but that's just me. Then again, I'd rather have an OLD car than a New one any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Just a personal preference.
JDerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #27
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

I've had old and new, and manual locking hubs and no lockouts. All have their merits. I don't have lockouts on my jeep. I also don't have a center disconnect. I prefer this setup over the other choices honestly in most cases. Lockouts do have their place though, and I won't even discuss auto locking hubs(puke). Old vehicles tended to be rather simple, and just worked. They also tended to require constant work to keep them running. You also didn't hear about 200k miles on old engines either. Newer engines and vehicles requires greater knowledge and skills and tools to work on. If you have those things, its easier than the old stuff. Injected vehicles are easier to diagnose and repair and running right than any carbed engine. I can also walk around my jeep with it running and not get a headache from the fumes in the exhaust. 75k miles on my jeep, and I'm not even concerned about wear on it yet. IFS vs SFA, again each has its merits. For the casual offroader or wannabe, IFS is more than enough. SFA works ok for paved work, but for offroad use it can be superior as well. There is a place for each in the market, but not a lot left for the old stuff. Carbs are going away even on the older stuff. Less issues with engines running funny on steep grades while rock crawling on a throttlebody injected engine vs a carbed.
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #28
BobFromCO
2006 KJ Liberty 

Nice to see a few other Colorado Springs folks on here... and yeah, even without knowing much about them, I always thought the FN'Jeep stickers were pretty obnoxious!
BobFromCO is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.