Installing a Frankenlift - Have Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Installing a Frankenlift - Have Questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 10-30-2010, 03:06 AM   #1
ackeiyword

Installing a Frankenlift - Have Questions

I'm installing a Frankenlift II Premium with Upper A's by Al's Jeepin'.

So far I have the driver's front installed and torqued. A few questions:

1.) With everything attached and back together and the front suspension in its lowest position that the stabilizer link will allow it to go, the upper A arm contacts the strut spring and the knuckle contacts the new strut lower side bumper. This is of course with rotors and calipers only on the wheel flange...no tire installed. Is this typical? I realize once the tire is on and the suspension is off of the jack stands, these areas will not be in contact, but what happens when I hit a deep run....won't these areas collide and possibly damage each other?

2.) Per the suspension condition above, the back surface of the clevis brakcet is almost in contact with the inner CV joint boot. There is around 1/8" or less gap between the two surfaces. I'm concerned that with the boot in motion, it may stretch and hit the clevis bracket. Is this also typical?

3.) Upon putting the driver's side battery back together, I noticed that the front differential vent tube does not fit on the the strut top bolts anymore as the new Frankenlift top studs are about 1/2" or so too short. How anyone figured out a solution to this?

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

ackeiyword is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackeiyword View Post
I'm installing a Frankenlift II Premium with Upper A's by Al's Jeepin'.

So far I have the driver's front installed and torqued. A few questions:

1.) With everything attached and back together and the front suspension in its lowest position that the stabilizer link will allow it to go, the upper A arm contacts the strut spring and the knuckle contacts the new strut lower side bumper. This is of course with rotors and calipers only on the wheel flange...no tire installed. Is this typical? I realize once the tire is on and the suspension is off of the jack stands, these areas will not be in contact, but what happens when I hit a deep run....won't these areas collide and possibly damage each other?

AFTER ALIGNMENT AND THE SPRINGS SETTLING IN ALL WILL BE GOOD

2.) Per the suspension condition above, the back surface of the clevis brakcet is almost in contact with the inner CV joint boot. There is around 1/8" or less gap between the two surfaces. I'm concerned that with the boot in motion, it may stretch and hit the clevis bracket. Is this also typical?

ITS FINE AGAIN ONCE ITS ON THE GROUND AND BROKEN IN/ALIGNED IT WILL BE ok

3.) Upon putting the driver's side battery back together, I noticed that the front differential vent tube does not fit on the the strut top bolts anymore as the new Frankenlift top studs are about 1/2" or so too short. How anyone figured out a solution to this?

WIRE TIE IT UP AS HIGH AS YOU CAN GET IT, DOESN'T HAVE TO GO BACK INTO THE SAME LOCATION
Thanks in advance for all your help!!

DO NOT INSTALL YOU SWAY BAR UNTIL IT IS SITTING ON THE GROUND WITH THE TIRES ON
other wise it preloads them and you have strange noises
same way with the UCAs if you torqued them with no weight on them you have preloaded them and now the bushing has to twist a lot to get into the right position
tommudd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.