ideas for lift kit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > ideas for lift kit?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 11-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
nameisdakar
2013 JK Wrangler 

ideas for lift kit?

I have been looking around for a lift kit for my 07 liberty. I'm new to lifting vehicles so i just want tips and ideas for kits.

nameisdakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Welcome, I suggest you read through the 100 or so posts on lifts here, and on LOST JEEPs
All will point you in one direction
OME all the way
Forget Rustys, Rocky Road etc
Unread 11-26-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
Moose340
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well Tom dont forget BDS
Moose340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
socks
2004 KJ Liberty 

Yup, what Tom said.
There is also the Frankenlift.
Unread 11-28-2011, 06:19 AM   #5
jewfromdahood
2003 KJ Liberty 

I know many people hate on the Rocky Road Outfitters. I got my kit from them (I didn't buy it. Was a gift for thanksgiving from my grandparents) And got the Rockfather Deluxe kit, with OME shocks. Always go with OME shocks. The coils for the rear RRO comes with seems light, so I will replace it with OME coils in the rear. Are you planning a winch or heavy steel bumper (or both like me) that will determine if you need Heavy duty or medium duty coils in the front. I am going to have HD in front and MD in rear. Jeep rides smoother than a cadillac now. Even when I go over speed bumps at full speed. My mom has major back problems and has to really slow down her 2002 KJ so it doesn't hurt her on bumps, she rode my Jeep fine for a day full speed. She is jealous now.
2003 Jeep KJ Liberty Sport with 3" Lift Rockfather Deluxe Lift from RRO (It was a gift from my grandparents back off, it was a thanksgiving surprise when they picked me up from the airport, and I saw it lifted) with all OME shocks, and front OME coils, ARB Steel bumper. 2 12" Kenwood Subs, 300 Watt RMS Mono Amp, Alpine Type-S door speakers
jewfromdahood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2011, 06:25 AM   #6
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewfromdahood View Post
I know many people hate on the Rocky Road Outfitters. I got my kit from them (I didn't buy it. Was a gift for thanksgiving from my grandparents) And got the Rockfather Deluxe kit, with OME shocks. Always go with OME shocks. The coils for the rear RRO comes with seems light, so I will replace it with OME coils in the front. Are you planning a winch or heavy steel bumper (or both like me) that will determine if you need Heavy duty or medium duty coils in the front. I am going to have HD in front and MD in rear. Jeep rides smoother than a cadillac now. Even when I go over speed bumps at full speed. My mom has major back problems and has to really slow down her 2002 KJ so it doesn't hurt her on bumps, she rode my Jeep fine for a day full speed. She is jealous now.
misinformation
Where to start??
Bilstein shocks work as good as OME and ride the same IMO after installing several sets unless you have a CRD
Next if you are going aftermarket bumper and winch the OME 790s work much better, on a gasser even with stock bumper I would never use the medium front coils.
But yes they do ride 100% better after you "upgrade " to OME springs and either OME or Bilstein shocks
and again deal with companies who actually service their customers like JeepinByAl or AllJs both are great to deal with, if you have problems they will actually help you out unlike RRO.
Unread 11-28-2011, 07:25 AM   #7
jewfromdahood
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
misinformation
Where to start??
Bilstein shocks work as good as OME and ride the same IMO after installing several sets unless you have a CRD
Next if you are going aftermarket bumper and winch the OME 790s work much better, on a gasser even with stock bumper I would never use the medium front coils.
But yes they do ride 100% better after you "upgrade " to OME springs and either OME or Bilstein shocks
and again deal with companies who actually service their customers like JeepinByAl or AllJs both are great to deal with, if you have problems they will actually help you out unlike RRO.
true but I didn't buy my kit. I was planning on a similar kit from JBA but my grandparents got this, and I am not the person that can refuse a gift. They ride great. As for bumper I have an ARB steel bumper. (also a gift)
2003 Jeep KJ Liberty Sport with 3" Lift Rockfather Deluxe Lift from RRO (It was a gift from my grandparents back off, it was a thanksgiving surprise when they picked me up from the airport, and I saw it lifted) with all OME shocks, and front OME coils, ARB Steel bumper. 2 12" Kenwood Subs, 300 Watt RMS Mono Amp, Alpine Type-S door speakers
Unread 11-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #8
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

I know you didn't buy anything nor have to pay for it, this was for others so they don't make a mistake when lifting
Most are not as lucky as you and have things bought/installed/ and done for them
Unread 11-28-2011, 08:56 AM   #9
jewfromdahood
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
I know you didn't buy anything nor have to pay for it, this was for others so they don't make a mistake when lifting
Most are not as lucky as you and have things bought/installed/ and done for them
OK. Eventually I will but the JBA Arms and OME rear coils, then everything should be perfect. I'll keep the A-arms from RRO for a couple months until I can save enough for the coils and A-arms all together. I rather like the strut spacer that they have. from RRO. But am rather liking the kit in general. The guys that installed all my stuff did an excellent job. They went through the extra effort that every time a bolt or something was rusted they got the replacement ones to be brand new.
Unread 12-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #10
nameisdakar
2013 JK Wrangler 

thanks for good ideas
nameisdakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #11
socks
2004 KJ Liberty 

Just say no to RRO...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.