I have a short: power locks, radio, vanity lights are OUT - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > I have a short: power locks, radio, vanity lights are OUT

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
mishlvadez
2004 KJ Liberty 

I have a short: power locks, radio, vanity lights are OUT

Good afternoon, here's the story:
I went out of town and left my Jeep parked in a garage for about 2 weeks (not a fully indoor garage/not sure that my car would have been exposed to rain however based on where it was parked). The first time I turned it on, it struggled a tiny bit (slow motion/not as powerful) but it did turn on and has been running fine since. My radio, power locks, and vanity lights don't work since then - my gauages do, however. I tried replacing the fuse and as I was inserting it, it sparked. My coworker said I have a short. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

#radiolessdrivesarepainful

mishlvadez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 05:05 AM   #2
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishlvadez View Post
Good afternoon, here's the story:
I went out of town and left my Jeep parked in a garage for about 2 weeks (not a fully indoor garage/not sure that my car would have been exposed to rain however based on where it was parked). The first time I turned it on, it struggled a tiny bit (slow motion/not as powerful) but it did turn on and has been running fine since. My radio, power locks, and vanity lights don't work since then - my gauages do, however. I tried replacing the fuse and as I was inserting it, it sparked. My coworker said I have a short. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

#radiolessdrivesarepainful
Welcome to the Forum!

Download the KJ Service Manual here...includes circuit diagrams....use the 2003 KJ download....close enough to your 2004 You will need to disconnect the wires as they branch off from the fuse to see which area is causing the short then either physically trace the wiring to look for a short to ground somewhere or cut off the shorting wire at both ends and replace with a complete new one....sometimes this is needed as the bad wire may dissapear into a large harness somewhere!

http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.