How To: Roof Rack Crossbars on the Cheap ! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > How To: Roof Rack Crossbars on the Cheap !

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 05-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #61
wees

Im about to order the parts for the crossbars just want to make sure I have everything right. What size of tee clamps do I need to get for the 1 3/8 rail top or rigid conduit?

Thanks

wees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #62
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The interior on the "U" part of the clamp measured about 1.5" that goes over the factory bar. The interior that the rigid conduit goes into - measured a hair bigger than 1 3/8" Hope that helps some on your quest.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 05:02 AM   #63
xIceHoundx
2005 KJ Liberty 

By any chance anyone on here make this setup so it could just be bough and used? Reason I ask is im a soldier stationed in germany and if someone already offers all the bits and bars pre-bent I would love to purchase it for reasonable price, of if someone could put all the bits together with bars prebent and stuff I would be willing to pay
xIceHoundx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2014, 03:03 PM   #64
mstuhr

Duplicate

unsure why but had duplicate post.
Sorry
Thanks
Mike

Last edited by mstuhr; 05-30-2014 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: duplicate
mstuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2014, 03:08 PM   #65
mstuhr

Cheap kayak carrier

Hi Folks,
This isn't true crossbars so to speak but this is an inexpensive way to get two to three kayaks on the liberty. I thought I'd share it here.
Get four pool noodles.

Cut them to fit and trim the ends to slip under the side bars.

Install them evenly spaced

Load a boat or two and throw a pair of ratchet straps over the top of them and go.I use a rope loop around the side bars to hook the ratchet straps to.

$12.00 carrier from Dollar General.
Easy on and off too.
Hope someone can use this info. I know it's not for everyone.
Thanks
Mike
mstuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #66
profdlp
2007 KJ Liberty 

I just ordered the FarmTek clamps. Can't wait to get them so I can build this.

A big "thank you" to all those who worked the bugs out of this - it is a great idea.
profdlp is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.