How many miles can you get out of a tank of gas? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > How many miles can you get out of a tank of gas?

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #91
jeepkj617
2002 KJ Liberty 

If my KJ has the 18.5, any ideas why the gas light comes on after only using about 14 gallons? Is that normal?

Thinking about buying a Cobra® 29-LTD 2-Way 40-Channel CB Radio. Anyone have install/antenna suggestions?
jeepkj617 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #92
Chipppy
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreknow91 View Post
Holy Crap!!!!

How are you guys getting 300 plus miles on one tank? are you a gasser or diesel? any modifications?

I'm lucky if I get 230 miles until the light comes on
Same here I get like 13mpg in city and only get like 250 miles to a tank. We just had the fuel system cleaned and still crappy mpg
Chipppy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #93
jeepkj617
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipppy View Post
Same here I get like 13mpg in city and only get like 250 miles to a tank. We just had the fuel system cleaned and still crappy mpg
I was the same. I switched to a tough guard air filter, new spark plugs, changed oil and fluid in everything (diff, transmission, xcase) and now im at about 15.

Thinking about buying a Cobra® 29-LTD 2-Way 40-Channel CB Radio. Anyone have install/antenna suggestions?
Unread 03-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #94
Chipppy
2002 KJ Liberty 

What spark plugs are the best to run?
Chipppy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #95
3Wide
2004 KJ Liberty 

I put on 250 miles a week round trip to work, at the end of the week 1/4 of a tank left, E3 plugs, K&N cold air intake, Mobil 1 full synthetic 10w 40, 128k on the OD, rest is stock, keep the tires correctly inflated, 87 Octane, average speed under 60MPH. 2004 Liberty 3.7 Columbia edition 4X4
3Wide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #96
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipppy View Post
What spark plugs are the best to run?
OE copper cores,either NGK or Champion and change every 30k and gapped to what the emission sticker on the radiator support say's.
Unread 03-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #97
jeepkj617
2002 KJ Liberty 

Under 60 mph? Is it possible to even go that slow on the highway..? hah must be a Massachusetts thing i guess

Unread 03-23-2012, 01:22 AM   #98
blackvyper
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkj617
Under 60 mph? Is it possible to even go that slow on the highway..? hah must be a Massachusetts thing i guess
60mph... that's not even moving! Mostly I'm driving about 90 or 95 mph (when I'm not in the city of course). If I drive conservatively then I can go about 380 miles before the light comes on. But to be honest I just fill my KJ when she needs it and try not to worry about the $9 a gallon gas.
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #99
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

I have never actually determined how far a tank of gas will take me
But I do know since regearing its 270 miles from where I live to my home place on mixed roads from one lane gravel to some town and 4 lane. Speed from 5 MPH to 75 on the 4 lanes. When I get there I have about 1/4 tank left. Low as I ever take it.
Amsoil filter in the stock box, good plugs every 25-30,000 miles, all upkeep done, and lots of heavy parts hanging on it
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #100
3Wide
2004 KJ Liberty 

No country road driving, came to close to hitting many deer, can't afford the under where bills from almost craping on my self, I clipped one and she took out one of my fog lights,
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #101
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

I've hit 4 deer with mine now plus a Toyota Camry
That ARB up front takes care of them all and just a few scratches
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #102
3Wide
2004 KJ Liberty 

My bull bar saved the front end
Unread 03-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #103
3Wide
2004 KJ Liberty 

Going to throw another one out there, I also use ZMax, know for years as LencKite, used in the air craft industry to keep carbon build up down, all the post about yellow sludge in their oil cap, the LencKite brakes it down, had a valve cover leak, when I pulled the cover off the head was nice and clean, no carbon or sludge, and no more yellow sludge, you will hear the pro,s and con,s on engine additives, Let Them Begin
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #104
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Wide View Post
Going to throw another one out there, I also use ZMax, know for years as LencKite, used in the air craft industry to keep carbon build up down, all the post about yellow sludge in their oil cap, the LencKite brakes it down, had a valve cover leak, when I pulled the cover off the head was nice and clean, no carbon or sludge, and no more yellow sludge, you will hear the pro,s and con,s on engine additives, Let Them Begin
Yeah use quality oil and no snot under the fill cap,also changing the PCV valve often helps also.10 years and never had that snot under my fill cap.
Unread 03-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #105
3Wide
2004 KJ Liberty 

That's a good thing, I hate snot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.