How to install airbag impact sensor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > How to install airbag impact sensor

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
d_jesky
2006 KJ Liberty 

How to install airbag impact sensor

Hey guys I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited with a bag airbag sensor and wiring. I have the new sensor and wiring but am afraid to install this because I don't want the airbag to go off or not work if needed. Does anybody have an opinion on this or know how to install it?

d_jesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Remove the airbag fuse(SRS fuse) and then disconnect the battery.After that turn on your headlights,they will not turn on but will zap all the stored energy left in the system,let site for about 30mins then swap the sensor.Then hook up the battery and re-install the fuse and go about your way.
Unread 02-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
all_clear
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Remove the airbag fuse(SRS fuse) and then disconnect the battery.After that turn on your headlights,they will not turn on but will zap all the stored energy left in the system,let site for about 30mins then swap the sensor.Then hook up the battery and re-install the fuse and go about your way.
Agreed with the above. When i changed out mine i didnt wait 30 mins, more like 5 is enough but depends on how safe you feel you need to be. Also by disconnecting the battery and turning the key forward for a min you discharge the system or turn the lights on as stated.

If your airbag light stays on there is something wrong with the system. At that point best to have someone test it for you. Most body shops that do collision work can do this.
all_clear is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.