How I fixed,Rear glass not closing. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > How I fixed,Rear glass not closing.

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 07-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
leadpipe58

How I fixed,Rear glass not closing.

Hello folks
My 2004 liberty's rear glass would not close. The bar on the glass would not go in far enough to flip the latch.
First I sprayed the micro switch behind the door handle with wd40 and it started to work ( thank you to the person that posted it)what i finely did was slot the latching mecanisum on the rear gate so it moved back so it just touched the seal for the rear window.I tried adjusting the hinges but they did not look liked they moved so I put them back were they were.
All I did was make the slots longer on the gate latch.removed it and took the cut off wheel to it and it works fine now.
I do not know why I had to,I could not see what changed but it worked.
Hope this helps a few with this problem.

leadpipe58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:05 AM   #2
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpipe58 View Post
Hello folks
My 2004 liberty's rear glass would not close. The bar on the glass would not go in far enough to flip the latch.
First I sprayed the micro switch behind the door handle with wd40 and it started to work ( thank you to the person that posted it)what i finely did was slot the latching mecanisum on the rear gate so it moved back so it just touched the seal for the rear window.I tried adjusting the hinges but they did not look liked they moved so I put them back were they were.
All I did was make the slots longer on the gate latch.removed it and took the cut off wheel to it and it works fine now.
I do not know why I had to,I could not see what changed but it worked.
Hope this helps a few with this problem.
The Service Manual states that the latch assembly needs to be adjusted on its mounting screws to get a firm latch on the glass but maybe you had some other issue here

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.