How do you remove 2004 Liberty Rear Bumper? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > How do you remove 2004 Liberty Rear Bumper?

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-30-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
Tigey
2003 KJ Liberty 

How do you remove 2004 Liberty Rear Bumper?

I have, with much aid from johnniebravo, traced an electrical problem with the rear brakelights (and now one of the rear taillights) to the right hand rear connection where I have a trailer wiring harness connection. From there the wiring tucks behind the bumper requiring me to remove the bumper to check for a short. Anyone with some good advice as to how to do it.

I can see that I have some rivet-like fasteners to take out, but I have not found an effective way of removing them without destroying them. Do they require some special tool or am I supposed to just pry on em with a screwdriver? I found the latter to be the case with several other tasks (like compressing a caliper when changing brakepads) and am hesitant to try it on this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as this electical problem is keeping me from passing inspection. Thanks!

Tigey

Tigey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
jsc7002
1966 CJ5 

are you talking about the x-mas tree plastic rivets? if so you have to just rip them off and replace them, it sucks but you can buy replacement ones at Lowe's for $0.80 for a pack of two
Unread 10-31-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
Tigey
2003 KJ Liberty 

Those would be the ones I speak of. At least they are somewhat cheap I guess...

Tigey
Tigey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 11:05 PM   #4
jsc7002
1966 CJ5 

ya and the only ones I could find at lowes were white and I have the sport black flares but you cant even notice, but it is a pain and then for the bottom of the flare where it connects to the rear bumper I just bought a1/4" bolt and bolted it back so I can remove it if I need to

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.