How To Disable Horn Chirp When Arming Security System - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > How To Disable Horn Chirp When Arming Security System

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Carmodifier
2006 KJ Liberty 

How To Disable Horn Chirp When Arming Security System

I have the Viper 5902 Responder HD Color SuperCode SST 2-Way Security and Remote Start System (5902V) along with the Viper SmartStart Module (VSM200) installed in my 2006 KJ Sport. When I arm the security system, either on the factory key or Viper remote, the factory horn chirps along with the Viper alarm chirp. I only want the Viper alarm to chirp when I arm the security system. The guy who installed my Viper system did not know how to disable the factory horn chirp. Does anyone know how to disable the factory horn chirp? Thanks in advance for your help!

Carmodifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
4x4kingx889
2005 KJ Liberty 

The only way I know of besides going to the dealer is threw the Evic, do you have one in your jeep?
Silver 05 sport crd-Ehm,Orm,wix oversized oilfilter,shell rotell,2nd gen fuelhead,Fumoto oil drain valve,muffler delete,cat removed,V6 airbox swap,evic added,HVAC controls modded, Franken lifted II,hercules Terra Tracs 245/75/16,Full l.e.d. interior swap,hayden fan clutch and nylon fan
4x4kingx889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
oilbuner

2006 KJ Liberty 

You should be able to turn the chirp off in the overhead control system, or EVIC. Thats what I did..
Unread 05-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
Carmodifier
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4kingx889 View Post
The only way I know of besides going to the dealer is threw the Evic, do you have one in your jeep?
Unfortunately, I don't have an EVIC in my KJ Do you know what the dealership does to disable the horn chirp? Also, do you know how much they would charge to do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilbuner View Post
You should be able to turn the chirp off in the overhead control system, or EVIC. Thats what I did..
I don't have an overhead control system or EVIC What submodel KJ do you have?
Carmodifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #5
oilbuner

2006 KJ Liberty 

I have an 06 Limited CRD. I have never seen a Liberty without the EVIC.
Unread 05-05-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilbuner View Post
I have never seen a Liberty without the EVIC.
The Liberty Sport and some other KJ models didn't have it. There are writeups out there for installing an EVIC into a KJ that didn't come with one from the factory - here's one.

To the OP, I imagine the dealership will plug into your Jeep using the DRB-III scan tool and reprogram your BCM that way. As to how much they'll charge, ask them. At worst it should only be 1 hour's labour, even though it will only take them a few minutes.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
ReddzLiberty
2006 KK Liberty 

I thought I read in the owners manual a way to turn it off, my 06 Limited doesn't have the overhead console either, but thankful to know I can get one installed
ReddzLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #8
Lafever25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmodifier View Post
I have the Viper 5902 Responder HD Color SuperCode SST 2-Way Security and Remote Start System (5902V) along with the Viper SmartStart Module (VSM200) installed in my 2006 KJ Sport. When I arm the security system, either on the factory key or Viper remote, the factory horn chirps along with the Viper alarm chirp. I only want the Viper alarm to chirp when I arm the security system. The guy who installed my Viper system did not know how to disable the factory horn chirp. Does anyone know how to disable the factory horn chirp? Thanks in advance for your help!
You can always unhook the horn wire from the Viper module... That's the easiest way but you lose that feature until you wire it back... Should be either a brown or orange wire.. Your horn will still beep with factory remote, but won't with viper remote. Only alarm siren will chirp with viper remote.. If you give that a try I'm sure that'll do it.
Lafever25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.