How can I reset the service indicator in a 2005 Liberty? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > How can I reset the service indicator in a 2005 Liberty?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani

Unread 04-04-2007, 06:24 AM   #1
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

How can I reset the service indicator in a 2005 Liberty?

I've just had a service done, and the garage forgot to reset the service indicator, so it beeps and displays "Perform Service" every time I start the engine... can someone let me know how to reset it? I don't have the time to run it down to the garage again just to get them to do it themselves.

AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #2
LandRovering

more than likely need an OBD code reader, clear the code that is telling ECU to display light, if you or a friend doesnt have one you will need to take it back to garage
LandRovering is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2007, 09:00 AM   #3
wantaCRDbad

Are you talking about the console on the roof telling you that you need to perform service. If that is the case, you can just push (and maybe hold) the reset button. If that doesn't work, go through the menus of the evic and you should be able to reset it from there.
wantaCRDbad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandRovering
more than likely need an OBD code reader, clear the code that is telling ECU to display light
There's no light, it actually says "Perform Service" in the EVIC display above the rear view mirror. It know for a fact it doesn't need any special equipment to reset... I watched the guy at the garage do it once before when they forgot to reset it, but I didn't pay attention to exactly what he was doing

wantaCRDbad - you can't reset it from the EVIC. It's actually something to do with turning the ignition on while holding down one of the control stalks on the steering wheel, or something like that. Takes five seconds to do from the driver's seat if you know what you're doing. I guess I should have paid more attention when the guy did it before...
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
xyz123
Super Senior Member

I can reset mine from the evic in my 06. if you're talking about the mileage to service display..I just press and hold; it will give you mileage options of when it will display the message again..
xyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2007, 06:13 PM   #6
rob92xj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

In the option where is says 0 miles to service press and hold the reset button till it resets.
rob92xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:23 AM   #7
matr8er

just look in the manual. Or if it isn't in there, I am sorry. I know of two other car manufacturers that I've looked in the manual on how to do it. Worked like a charm
matr8er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2007, 11:44 AM   #8
LandRovering

oh thats a fancy indicator, i was thinking it was the one on dash display

i have el cheapo model i am sure
LandRovering is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #9
jeepjeepster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob92xj
In the option where is says 0 miles to service press and hold the reset button till it resets.
X2..

This is only if you have an Evic..
jeepjeepster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2007, 08:17 AM   #10
rob92xj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

If the vehcile does not have a EVIC there is no oil change interval reminder.
rob92xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #11
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob92xj
If the vehcile does not have a EVIC there is no oil change interval reminder.
They built models with out tham? That’s effing lame. Never the less, makes sure your doors are closed to. If they are open you won’t be able to reset it. At least you can’t on my WJ…

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.