JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KJ Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/)
-   -   How can I reset the service indicator in a 2005 Liberty? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/how-can-i-reset-service-indicator-2005-liberty-397541/)

AVR2 04-04-2007 06:24 AM

How can I reset the service indicator in a 2005 Liberty?

30 Attachment(s)
I've just had a service done, and the garage forgot to reset the service indicator, so it beeps and displays "Perform Service" every time I start the engine... can someone let me know how to reset it? I don't have the time to run it down to the garage again just to get them to do it themselves.

LandRovering 04-04-2007 08:07 AM

more than likely need an OBD code reader, clear the code that is telling ECU to display light, if you or a friend doesnt have one you will need to take it back to garage

wantaCRDbad 04-04-2007 09:00 AM

Are you talking about the console on the roof telling you that you need to perform service. If that is the case, you can just push (and maybe hold) the reset button. If that doesn't work, go through the menus of the evic and you should be able to reset it from there.

AVR2 04-04-2007 01:59 PM

30 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LandRovering
more than likely need an OBD code reader, clear the code that is telling ECU to display light

There's no light, it actually says "Perform Service" in the EVIC display above the rear view mirror. It know for a fact it doesn't need any special equipment to reset... I watched the guy at the garage do it once before when they forgot to reset it, but I didn't pay attention to exactly what he was doing :(

wantaCRDbad - you can't reset it from the EVIC. It's actually something to do with turning the ignition on while holding down one of the control stalks on the steering wheel, or something like that. Takes five seconds to do from the driver's seat if you know what you're doing. I guess I should have paid more attention when the guy did it before...

xyz123 04-04-2007 05:19 PM

I can reset mine from the evic in my 06. if you're talking about the mileage to service display..I just press and hold; it will give you mileage options of when it will display the message again..

rob92xj 04-04-2007 06:13 PM

In the option where is says 0 miles to service press and hold the reset button till it resets.

matr8er 04-05-2007 05:23 AM

just look in the manual. Or if it isn't in there, I am sorry. I know of two other car manufacturers that I've looked in the manual on how to do it. Worked like a charm:p

LandRovering 04-06-2007 11:44 AM

oh thats a fancy indicator, i was thinking it was the one on dash display :laugh:

i have el cheapo model i am sure

jeepjeepster 04-06-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob92xj
In the option where is says 0 miles to service press and hold the reset button till it resets.

X2..

This is only if you have an Evic.. :thumbsup:

rob92xj 04-07-2007 08:17 AM

If the vehcile does not have a EVIC there is no oil change interval reminder.

jeep_on 04-08-2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob92xj
If the vehcile does not have a EVIC there is no oil change interval reminder.

They built models with out tham? That’s effing lame. Never the less, makes sure your doors are closed to. If they are open you won’t be able to reset it. At least you can’t on my WJ…

The time now is 07:03 PM.