High Mileage Renegades....worth it?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > High Mileage Renegades....worth it??

Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe still have some great deals going on!

Unread 07-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
gkp26
2011 KK Liberty 

High Mileage Renegades....worth it??

Looking for any insight.......I see the threads with "not too many" major issues and then the Lib with 375000+ miles, at what point is higher mileage more of a risk?

I'm looking at getting a used Renegade, and the two I have in mind are as follows:
-'04 with 108k miles for $7500
-05 with 152k miles for $6000 (75k+ in the last 2.5 years)
Both have extremely clean underbodies, frames, rockers, etc; the 05 is actually a bit cleaner inside and out.

Any thoughts?

gkp26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
kjrenegade03
2003 KJ Liberty 

Those arent too bad, seems to be a normal price with mileage and age. I bought 03 kj last year with 159k, replaced head gaskets and now engine is running strong. I paid $4300 for mine but the paint, brakes and head gasket needed to be done.

Make sure you check for any fluid under the vehicle. When you test drive it, floor it! Push the engine hard and see if any quirks come up. Also make sure to try the 4wlo to make sure it engadges and actually work. Feel the inside material around the sunroof for any moisture as well.

The mileage isnt really a concern if the kj was taken care of. There may be some minor creaks and rattles but make sure you do a good once over. I felt like i got a good deal on mine since it needed work. I put about $1200 total into so far but now i have a good baseline to work from.
kjrenegade03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
TwoBobsKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

Personal opinion but I like the looks and features of the '04 Rene over the '05. IMO it looks more "Jeep-like" especially when lifted and more aggressive tires are put on.

Plus the '04 has fewer miles and has fewer electronic gizmos to go wrong down the road - ABS, traction control, etc.

Important question though: What colors are the two you're considering?

Bob
- 3.7L, 42RLE, 4.10's, 4X Guard Trans skid, Factory Engine, T-case, Tank skids, Modded BoulderBars sliders, OME 927/948, Bilsteins, JBA A-Arms & 1/4" top plate, 1 extra rear iso/side, Moabs with Firestone Destination AT's 255/70-16
TwoBobsKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.