Hid - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Hid

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
heidter35
2006 KJ Liberty 

Hid

Recently purchased and installed HID headlights on the wife's Liberty. It had the strobe effect when the DRL were on. Bought the code cancelers. Installed them. One side stopped the flicker but the other side still strobes. Any help on this?

I am above average when it comes to dealing with wiring issues but this one has stumped me. I have switched around pretty much every piece of the kit. It definitely is not a hardware issue.

heidter35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Put the correct and legal bulbs back in,problem fixed.

Or you must delete the DRL function(which is illegal in Canada,but so is HID's in halogen housings),china made HID kits do not work with halogen based DRL functions.
Unread 07-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
heidter35
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Put the correct and legal bulbs back in,problem fixed.

Or you must delete the DRL function(which is illegal in Canada,but so is HID's in halogen housings),china made HID kits do not work with halogen based DRL functions.
Thanks tips.

As for the illegal to have hids in halogen casings is sketchy. I would need to see the section of the law where it pertains. My wife is in law enforcement here and she is looking it up for me as we speak.

I dont want to disengage the DRL, hence the asking how to fix the issue.
heidter35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_lif...hts-legal.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

HIDs will scatter the light everywhere than where it needs to be . Not a good idea to run them
Unread 07-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #6
Bain98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I run hids with no problems. I dont have drl though. But I love the light that my hids put out. And they dont scatter
Bain98xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Sorry unless you have the projector style headlights they scatter everywhere. No way does the stock light housing on the KJ contain the HID beam and project it out
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #8
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bain98xj View Post
I run hids with no problems. I dont have drl though. But I love the light that my hids put out. And they dont scatter
It's scattered like crazy in a hologen housing,heck will scatter like crazy in a projector housing made for halogen bulbs.The laws of physics come into play and how the light is produced between the 2 different bulbs drives how the housing reflectors are angled.
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #9
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bain98xj View Post
And you likely haven't had someone drive it for you while you meet them in another vehicle. Those who wear glasses are more seriously affected than those who do not. When you use these lights with the incorrect lenses, you put yourself, and others safety in jeopardy. At least in the USA, it is illegal to run them, and all it takes is for a law enforcement officer to use that to pull you over. DOT regs are, anything that changes its operation from how it was originally made is illegal. If your lenses are clean, and properly aimed, you should not have any issues at night except out in rural roads or trails unless you are night blind. In which case, HIDs aren't the answer either. I'm frankly amazed at the people who lack the understanding of high and low beams, and when to use either one!
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #10
Bain98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ive ran hids in several of my vehicles. I have been in front of it behind it and driving directly towards my liberty and other vehicles and have never been blinded by them I do a lot of night driving and sont get flashed by people. And I run both figs and headlights no need for highbeam. I have also been sitting directly in front of a cop in a turn lane and ive been sitting and driving directly behind cops and never had a issue. The only vehicle ive been in that people flashed me or threw on their high beams in in my 2500 thats got 4in of lift
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Just because a cop doesn't take action, or doesn't know about the law, doesn't mean its safe, or legal. If cops decided to crack down on some of the emission laws and lighting laws on the books, a few of you would be taking the bus while your vehicles were impounded, or parked until you could pay to fix them. In this town, police can stop and inspect your exhaust for compliance. Included in that is a muffler with the EPA number on it, and cat. Failure to have proper equipment is a $500 fix it ticket. Depending on the budget for the year and number of complaints, they do sometimes crack down. All the kiddy spray paint on the tail light lenses to make them ghetto smoked? That's illegal too, can be cited, and possibly ordered towed as its not road legal anymore. A sharp eyed cop could cite the driver for causing a wreck if he notices them, and a litigation lawyer will make your life rough. Sure it may never happen to you, but can you financially handle it if it does, without mommy bailing you out?
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
TheBlueKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
Just because a cop doesn't take action, or doesn't know about the law, doesn't mean its safe, or legal. If cops decided to crack down on some of the emission laws and lighting laws on the books, a few of you would be taking the bus while your vehicles were impounded, or parked until you could pay to fix them. In this town, police can stop and inspect your exhaust for compliance. Included in that is a muffler with the EPA number on it, and cat. Failure to have proper equipment is a $500 fix it ticket. Depending on the budget for the year and number of complaints, they do sometimes crack down. All the kiddy spray paint on the tail light lenses to make them ghetto smoked? That's illegal too, can be cited, and possibly ordered towed as its not road legal anymore. A sharp eyed cop could cite the driver for causing a wreck if he notices them, and a litigation lawyer will make your life rough. Sure it may never happen to you, but can you financially handle it if it does, without mommy bailing you out?
Unread 07-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #13
Bain98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Haha my mom bail me out that will be the day. Been on my own since I was 16.
Unread 07-19-2013, 06:12 AM   #14
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Awww a glutton for punishment I see. I guess if you like risking what money you do have for looking cool, go for it.

Tags
HID light problem , liberty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.