Help: Water puddle but not over heating - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Help: Water puddle but not over heating

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 11-20-2013, 02:45 AM   #1
dmanars
2004 KJ Liberty 

Help: Water puddle but not over heating

I changed the radiator 1 week ago because of a small leak. Everything has been fine for a week and tonight after dinner I walk to my car to find a big puddle underneath. I drove it about a mile to drop off a friend at his car. When I stopped I checked under the hood and there was water being sprayed up by the fan. I couldnt find a leak and water look like it was pouring out the bottom of the engine. I filled it back up and drove about 3-4 miles home. Got home left it in idle and open the hood to check my car. The leak was now minor. I kept the car on for 15 minutes. My jeep never over heated, nor did water leak like it did. I got inside and 30 minutes later decided to drive it down the road and back. I drove it about 2-3 miles and not once did it over heat, nor did it leak again. At first I thought it was a loose hose. all the hoses seem tight. I then thought it was the water pump, but If it was it would continuously loose water and overheat. So Im a little clueless at the moment. And suggestions? How much coolant should I have put in after I changed the radiator? I put a lot of water in the tank. Do you think this was extra coolant that needed was expelled? Id rather not take it to a mechanic if everything is ok.

dmanars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
2007LIB
2007 KJ Liberty 

If you overfilled the tank then it would definitely overflow once you stopped the vehicle....Keep your eye on the tank level.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.