Help! Jeep WON'T START during hot weather - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Help! Jeep WON'T START during hot weather

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
NewLibertyGuy
2003 KJ Liberty 

Help! Jeep WON'T START during hot weather

For some reason, my Jeep will not start when the weather is hot

When I turn the key, it only clicks! I replaced the battery recently but that didn't seem to be the issue as I've even used jumper cables and nothing. Once the weather cools, it does start. It may click once and then start or start right off the back.

I pulled the codes (by turning the key 3 times) and I got codes 201, 300, 301, 302, 303, 306. Any ideas?

NewLibertyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
forcrz6
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLibertyGuy View Post
For some reason, my Jeep will not start when the weather is hot

When I turn the key, it only clicks! I replaced the battery recently but that didn't seem to be the issue as I've even used jumper cables and nothing. Once the weather cools, it does start. It may click once and then start or start right off the back.

I pulled the codes (by turning the key 3 times) and I got codes 201, 300, 301, 302, 303, 306. Any ideas?
I had this issue once too. Fixed it by putting on new + and - Batt cables. Seems like when the heat expands the cables there is not enough voltage to do anything. But when not drawing the volts everything comes on. Try putting on new + and - Batt cables
forcrz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
NewLibertyGuy
2003 KJ Liberty 

Holly Mother of Limited Edition Jeeps!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcrz6 View Post
I had this issue once too. Fixed it by putting on new + and - Batt cables. Seems like when the heat expands the cables there is not enough voltage to do anything. But when not drawing the volts everything comes on. Try putting on new + and - Batt cables
It never even crossed my mind to do this .. I checked every other fuse, relay and cable, since they looked ok, it didn't occur to me ...... ... You think this is why even if I have jumpers on the battery and try to get a spark by touching them (yes I know not the best idea) I don't get anything??? My friend touched the + and - terminal by accident and we got the little spark (of course) but when I did it with mine it didn't do it.
NewLibertyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.