Help with Control Arm Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Help with Control Arm Questions

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 05-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Help with Control Arm Questions

Realy have no business in this forum other then Im trying to help out my girl who owns a 03 KJ Limited. Brought her KJ into a friends shop for a knocking noise and he replaced her front upper control arms (Ball Joints) and sway bar links which fixed most of the noise.

But he pointed out to me that the bushings on the front lower and rear uppers are wasted. He priced them out through the local parts store and they didnt stock them he also priced them out from the dealership. They dealership wanted 300.00 for the 2 outers bushings and the upper center ball joint on the the rear upper (wishbone) control arm. I was like am I glad I own a Rubicon..Sorry Fellas. I found all the parts at half that price on Rockauto.com ... The entire lower front bushings and ball joint all made by MOOG. Which i know is good stuff.

Can you all shed some light on where and what parts brand to look for and purchase for mainly the rear upper?....I have never ordered through rock auto are their prices true and how is their service?...

USAJEEPOWNERS.com
lactrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Just buy a whole new arm with the bushings already installed.It's a royal pain to swap those bushings,very time consuming and may need a oxygen/actelyne torch and a big press.

I had the correct tools,the OEM ones,and they broke in 30 seconds and never moved the bushing at all.Just bought new arms,sure a little more $$$ but saved a whole lot of headaches.Buy only OEM,aftermarket versions just do not hold up at all and are a complete waste of money.
Unread 05-15-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Just buy a whole new arm with the bushings already installed.It's a royal pain to swap those bushings,very time consuming and may need a oxygen/actelyne torch and a big press.

I had the correct tools,the OEM ones,and they broke in 30 seconds and never moved the bushing at all.Just bought new arms,sure a little more $$$ but saved a whole lot of headaches.Buy only OEM,aftermarket versions just do not hold up at all and are a complete waste of money.
Can you be a little more descriptive ... the upper rear or the lower front? Where should I purchase the arm from the deaership? If not who makes the arm OEM Arm and where can i get it from other then the dealer.

USAJEEPOWNERS.com
lactrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactrain View Post
Can you be a little more descriptive ... the upper rear or the lower front? Where should I purchase the arm from the deaership? If not who makes the arm OEM Arm and where can i get it from other then the dealer.
Any arm just get from a dealership,if it's not MOPAR it will wearout fast and cause nothing but headaches on a stock KJ.If lifted that is a whole nother story.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.