Heater Core - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Heater Core

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
kuslu

Heater Core

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2002 jeep liberty. I left it for two weeks and go to Turkey but when I come back smoke&dust has been started to coming out from the ac vents in the cabin even when ac is off. it is leaving a greasy residue at the windshiled and it is smells really bad.

I did not understand what is going on with my car I have called a mechanic when I explain him my issue he said there is something wrong with the evoparator/heater core ( I have checked he forums to change it probably cost me almost $1K).

Do you guys ever had an issue like this or do you have an idea what could it be?

kuslu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Sounds like a leaking heater core and yep about $1000 to fix,mostly labor as the whole dash has to come out to replace.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.