Heater/AC Blower only works on High - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Heater/AC Blower only works on High

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
Sevenfootman

Heater/AC Blower only works on High

The blower in my wifes 06 liberty only works on 4 (or high). The other day when I drove it, it worked on 3 but nothing below that. Now only 4. Checked all the fuses. Any other ideas on what to check and why it works on one setting...but not the other?

Thanks,

SFM

Sevenfootman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2008, 11:52 AM   #2
Jakked

resistor pack needs to be replaced. do a search on this forum, you'll find several threads with instructions on how to DIY if you want to.
1986 Trooper 2.3L I-4 4x4 5-sp
Jakked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
ashtona

My '06 is doing the same thing and sure enough, there is a recall on that very problem. Apparently it "could" cause a fire but in most cases, just burns out like what happened to me, and apparently you.

I would call the dealer before dropping any money into it, no matter how cheap it is to fix.
ashtona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
jeepjeepster

^Two different things.

There is NOT a recall on the resistor packs. Its a very cheap and easy fix.
jeepjeepster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
jp7794
2006 KJ Liberty 

I lost speed 1 and that is what they replaced. It is still under warranty.
jp7794 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2008, 10:08 AM   #6
stormcr0w

My extended warranty has a $100 deductible so I found a guy who has the genuine mopar parts on fleabay for about $25 shipped, cause the nearest dealer to me is about 45 minutes away. It took me longer to find my 5/16 socket than it did to replace the dang thing. Works like a charm now.
stormcr0w is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2008, 05:58 AM   #7
skates04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Easy fix, get it on-line for half of what the local dealers usaully want. I had to replace one on my old TJ and Sure enough the day after I got my Liberty I had to change it as well.....

Lucas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.