Hard start issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Hard start issues

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
alpertbrown
2003 KJ Liberty 

Hard start issues

Hello I am having hard start issues on my 2003 3.7 sport. Earlier this morning my wife was leaving for work and the car cranked over very slow then eventually started clicking. I jumped the car but it would not stay in unless you gave it some gas. After about 2 mins of holding the idle it eventually smoothed out and was good to go. I turned the car off and tried to start it after a minute and it started up just fine. This happened once before and seems like it only happens when it is cold. I won't have any time to take a look at it until Sunday. I definitely want to double check all the grounds and get the battery tested out just to be safe. Anyone else ever have this issue?

alpertbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
jbarthol
2005 KJ Liberty 

You already mentioned one of them, and that's the battery. Could also check the throttle body to see if it's dirty, have to pull the air filter plumbing off for that. The clicking tends to make me think battery or starter though.
jbarthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Battery, they do some strange things when the battery is going south

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.