Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Had the lower ball joints repaired should they do an alignment?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jeepjeepster 
#1 ·
I thought that they would do an alignment for free after the new ball joint install?

#4 ·
I asked the same thing.

Dealer recommended it but not on recall, thus not done.

They said that due to the style, cone in cone hole, new ball joint should not be far off compared to the previous ones. Thus we get screwed again.:brickwall

#5 ·
peje said:
NO it does not need re-alignment and most of the trucks like dakoda, ram, liberty, grand cherokee need only rear alignment no front.
Alignment on the REAR????? There are no rear adjustments on the Jeeps or trucks! Cars yes, the only Jeeps that has adjustments for the rear is the Compass/Patriot.
There is no need for an alignment because of ball joint replacement.

skleinsmith: how do you figure your getting screwed? I have done an alignment before replacing the ball joints and after as a comparison, there is NO change in camber or castor(I used my wifes as a test) or even toe for that matter.

#6 ·
rob92xj said:
Alignment on the REAR????? There are no rear adjustments on the Jeeps or trucks! Cars yes, the only Jeeps that has adjustments for the rear is the Compass/Patriot.
There is no need for an alignment because of ball joint replacement.

skleinsmith: how do you figure your getting screwed? I have done an alignment before replacing the ball joints and after as a comparison, there is NO change in camber or castor(I used my wifes as a test) or even toe for that matter.
Design ignorance, which I am guilty of, or used to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.