Got KJ Liberty 545RFE transmission, sound coming when shifting to "D" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Got KJ Liberty 545RFE transmission, sound coming when shifting to "D"

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 09-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
emretiras

Got KJ Liberty 545RFE transmission, sound coming when shifting to "D"

Hi everyone, I'm Emre, I'm newbie at this forum, If I did something wrong or less sorry from the start.

Got 2.8 CRD KJ liberty, 545RFE transmission under. Changed the cases, rings, seals, gaskets of the transmission and tried to work it out that way. When I shift from P to D it sounds like RRRRRRRRRRRRRR and never lasts and never goes forward. I tried to change the all of solenoids it worked. Then I gave it to the customer, 2 days later he called me and it sounds when he shifted P to D, and never lasts and never goes forward. A tow bringing it to me again, what should I do, please help, and thanks!

emretiras is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 04:44 AM   #2
bonehead69
2013 JK Wrangler 

Torque converters in the CRDs have issues.......... mine is a 05 with 135000 mi and if I don't let it sit and idle/run for a couple of minutes or so after the first start of the day or if its been sitting a while it won't or doesn't like to move.
And even then if I haven't let is run long enough to get the fluid circulated enough it won't unlock the converter and will kill the motor when you try and stop just like it would if it was a manual stopping with out pushing the clutch in.

I had the converter replaced under warranty at about 30,000 when it was doing it before, but the same issue came back in about 10000mi , since then I have just learned to live with it and have put another 95,000 miles on my CRD

Hope this might help you a little bit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.