Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Gas Cap Light after Air Filter Change

406 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  02blue 
#1 ·
Im helping a friend with their 2006 Jeep Liberty. We put a new air filter in and as soon as we started it (3.7 L engine), the gas cap warning light lit up.

It cant be a coincidence, wondering why this would happen. I have a OBD reader and figure I will read and delete/reset. But wondered if anyone has any ideas why this would happen. Maybe a bad sensor?

#2 ·
Im helping a friend with their 2006 Jeep Liberty. We put a new air filter in and as soon as we started it (3.7 L engine), the gas cap warning light lit up.

It cant be a coincidence, wondering why this would happen. I have a OBD reader and figure I will read and delete/reset. But wondered if anyone has any ideas why this would happen. Maybe a bad sensor?
So this wasn't a CEL with a code, just the gas cap chime? Was the gas cap OK? I'm thinking just a coincidence since really no vacuum lines or anything like that around the air box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.