Front Differential Cover Removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Front Differential Cover Removal

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
Liberty03

Front Differential Cover Removal

Hi,
I've got a front differential leak on my 2003 Liberty and based on my searches through the forum its either a pinion seal or the differential cover gasket/sealant. I've found write-ups and instructions for the pinion seal but nothing on removing the front differential cover. I've also checked my Haynes manual and there are no instructions on removing the cover. I've removed the cover on the rear differential to do the regular fluid changes however I am wondering if the front is as straightforward as the rear. Before I go ahead and tackle the leak I was wondering if anybody has actually removed the front differential cover to reapply the sealant? Is it straightforward or do you have to unbolt other things to gain access?

Cheers,
Alex

Liberty03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Pretty much have to drop the front diff down out to remove the cover

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.