Front Bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Front Bumper

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 01-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
jeephreak

Front Bumper

Just wondering if anyone here has replaced the stock front bumper with an aftermarket bumper off a 2005....and if so...still have the stock bumper cover (gray) laying around ?

Thanks

phreak

MY RIG

r.i.p. Cap'n Crunch
jeephreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
Silver Streak
2005 KJ Liberty 

If you have a Sport, or are talking about the basic grey Sport bumper cover, they are only about a hundred bucks from the dealer new.
You might be pleasantly surprised at the cost of one of them. It is recycled soda pop bottles maybe..who knows. I know it is recycled plastic anyway.

Silver Streak
`05 Sport CRD
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2006, 09:11 AM   #3
jeephreak

Yeah its just the cover. Its not a libby sport, its just a regular old Libby (no package) base model. Its just a cover, but I couldnt locate one on Jeeps Are Us. Thought I would try here.

Thanks for the tip.

MY RIG

r.i.p. Cap'n Crunch
Unread 01-19-2006, 10:51 AM   #4
CRD4Liberty

Doesn't it have to be something? A Sport, Limited, or Renegade. The sports are unpainted.
CRD4Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2006, 06:12 PM   #5
Silver Streak
2005 KJ Liberty 

I purchased a painted Limited type bumper cover for an `05 on ebay for seventy bucks delivered. It had to come Greyhound bus since it is larger than UPS or Fed-Ex will accept, but it got here just fine. If you are patient you could find one on there. The folks i got mine from are bumper recyclers based in Indiana as i recall. It was perfect so they sold it on ebay rather than recycle it. I would recommend those folks for what it is worth.

Silver Streak
Unread 01-20-2006, 09:38 AM   #6
jeephreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRD4Liberty
Doesn't it have to be something? A Sport, Limited, or Renegade. The sports are unpainted.
Far as I can tell (no badges) its just a plain old libby...Not a limited or a renegade for sure. Could be a sport with no badges, but I dont think so.

SS thanks for the ebay tip!

EDIT - I guess its a Libby Sport - no badges or decals.

MY RIG

r.i.p. Cap'n Crunch

Last edited by jeephreak; 01-20-2006 at 12:55 PM..
Unread 01-25-2006, 07:38 AM   #7
ssanville73

How hard is it to replace???

I have to replace the front bumper of my 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport and wonder how hard it is to replace? Am I going to have to take the whole front end apart to get it off or is it pretty much just clipped on and will come off easily? I also would like to replace one of the front wheel well covers too. How hard is this?

Thanks,
Scott
ssanville73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2006, 10:09 AM   #8
Silver Streak
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssanville73
I have to replace the front bumper of my 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport and wonder how hard it is to replace? Am I going to have to take the whole front end apart to get it off or is it pretty much just clipped on and will come off easily? I also would like to replace one of the front wheel well covers too. How hard is this?

Thanks,
Scott

The plastic rivets are the aggravating part. Before you actually take it apart, drop by the dealer and get the plastic rivets and push pins and so forth that hold on that inner fender: Jeep calls it a "Splash Guard" as i recall. You need a plastic rivet gun as well, seems like that was about twenty bucks from NAPA when i got one a few years back. It is the same thing as a metal pop rivet gun but the shank size of the rivets are much larger, therefore the plastic rivets won't fit a regular metal pop rivet gun. As far as actually replacing the inner fender and bumper, it is not really that hard once you have the needed non reusuable fastners in hand, and that aforementioned plastic rivet gun.
Mine is an `05 model, and possibly the fastners are different. Maybe one of the folks on the list here that have older KJs will clue us in concerning the particulars of the earlier generation fascias and inner fender replacement.
Unread 01-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #9
ssanville73

Thanks for the info. That sounds like what I saw when I looked underneath. My brother is a mechanic at a Pontiac dealership and can probably get me one of this rivet guns from the body shop to use when I do it. I will double check though with the dealer when I order the parts though. Thanks again for the help.

Scott
ssanville73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2006, 12:42 AM   #10
swyszomirski

The three pronged catchers that connect the flare to the bumper cover are a pain the #$% to get out! Its nice to have a buddy to help you pry the two apart and begin the process of squeezing the clip to unlatch it.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/798121
swyszomirski is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.