JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KJ Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/)
-   -   Free Jeep Liberty. What to do? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/free-jeep-liberty-what-do-1536602/)

chschs 06-14-2013 06:42 PM

Free Jeep Liberty. What to do?

No joke, my mom calls me up today and asks if I want her 2006 Jeep Liberty that's been babied, never taken offroad and only has 80K miles on it.

Well.. After MUCH debate... I said yes :)

This vehicle will be my daily driver and the one I will use to get to hiking trails and some camp spots, but I'd also like to use it to tow my '93 YJ, which is actually appropriate for real offroading.

However, I'd like to beef up the Liberty a little bit for those times when I just won't have the YJ or neglect to bring it. I'm thinking maybe a SMALL lift with slightly oversized tires to bump up the clearance an inch or so, or anything else you guys can recommend.

Since I'll be selling my current daily driver to replace with this Jeep, I'll have those funds available for some small mods/upgrades (Part of that will go to the YJ though too).

95BadBoy 06-14-2013 06:55 PM

OME lift - springs, shocks, bump stops, etc to get about 2.5" or so. Maybe some JBA upper A arms. < And some 245 16's would be a good start.

Take a look at Jeepin by Al for a few ideas.

Or just drive it for a bit and see what you want to do. You do have the YJ for some more serious action.

chschs 06-14-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95BadBoy (Post 15562663)
OME lift - springs, shocks, bump stops, etc to get about 2.5" or so. Maybe some JBA upper A arms. < And some 245 16's would be a good start.

2.5" seems a bit big for what I want to keep as a more casual dirt-roader. Does anyone do more like a 1.5"? Or is the 2.5" less severe than I'm thinking?

Quote:

Take a look at Jeepin by Al for a few ideas.
Definitely! Thanks!

Quote:

Or just drive it for a bit and see what you want to do. You do have the YJ for some more serious action.
Yeah. Maybe I should just go to a spot where I know there's some forest roads and see what it's capable of first. I've never even driven a Liberty. Just XJ's, and CJ-though-TJ's :)

tommudd 06-14-2013 07:45 PM

Out of the box they are way more capable than most people think. Skid plates help of course
But then being an 06 I've seen them sagged over an inch from stock height so have to consider that as well
measure from the middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare to see if it has sagged much. New was around 19.
All I've done go 3.5 inches if they're going to lift, with 245-75-16s, look good and ride great as well.
Like mentioned above JeepinByAl has lifts from 675 for a full spring/shock kit on up

DaveJKJ 06-15-2013 05:55 AM

^^^What Tom said.

And after you drive it around for a couple of days you will like it and be getting skids and hooks and pricing lifts and tires.

Grimbr13 06-16-2013 10:48 AM

Liberty's are the second best off road vehicle Jeep makes. They are almost just as capable as a Wrangler, they just look more road worthy

The time now is 11:38 AM.