fog lights? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > fog lights?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 04-17-2012, 05:23 AM   #1
MoD
2005 KJ Liberty 

fog lights?

so today while unsuccessfully trying to mount a bumper/grill guard i took off my grill to find that i had wiring for the stock foglights of either a renegade or limited or whatever and as i have already purchased the oem replacement fog lights for a renegade hoping to mount them sometime i was wondering what i would have to do to make the factory wiring work. my hella's plug right in but i dont know how to get power to those wires and a switch with out looking up a wiring diagram...so if anyone has any tips or tricks then please let me know...

...btw 05 rocky mountain edition all stock (bumper/grill guard didnt fit because of front end damage covered up and undisclosed by dealer...)

MoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoD View Post
so today while unsuccessfully trying to mount a bumper/grill guard i took off my grill to find that i had wiring for the stock foglights of either a renegade or limited or whatever and as i have already purchased the oem replacement fog lights for a renegade hoping to mount them sometime i was wondering what i would have to do to make the factory wiring work. my hella's plug right in but i dont know how to get power to those wires and a switch with out looking up a wiring diagram...so if anyone has any tips or tricks then please let me know...

...btw 05 rocky mountain edition all stock (bumper/grill guard didnt fit because of front end damage covered up and undisclosed by dealer...)
The KJs with front foglights have a switch on the end of the multifunction switch stalk that you rotate to turn on the lights.....you pull this switch outwards. So you would need that type of multifunction switch and a relay fitted in the correct empty slot I believe

I only have the wiring diagrams for the 2002/3 KJs....you can try find newer diagrams on www.scribd.com.

My diagrams show that you need a fuse in position 9 (50A) in the PDC which is under the hood, a relay in the Junction block which is on the reverse side of the cabin fuse panel....there are slots for 9 small relays there...the front fog relay is on the lower middle section just below the horn relay.
I have a suspician that the BCM may need some programming to get this to work as the BCM controls this relay.
Unread 04-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
MoD
2005 KJ Liberty 

so i wonder how hard it would be to put it my own switch and just use the wires already given but indiana does not require a relay for fogs so i bet i could just wire my own easier than chase down the factory wires
MoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 12:35 AM   #4
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoD View Post
so i wonder how hard it would be to put it my own switch and just use the wires already given but indiana does not require a relay for fogs so i bet i could just wire my own easier than chase down the factory wires
I agree, fit your own relay, switch and a fused supply and do it yourself.
Unread 11-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
mbz300sdl
2002 KJ Liberty 

I have an 02 Liberty Sport that didn't come with fog lights, is it prewired for the fogs i know it has the switch but how about the wires?
mbz300sdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
socks
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz300sdl View Post
I have an 02 Liberty Sport that didn't come with fog lights, is it prewired for the fogs i know it has the switch but how about the wires?

Not prewired
The switch was more than likely replaced at sometime.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.