flashing heated seat light problem - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-01-2009, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
tbou2

flashing heated seat light problem

Hi

I have a 2003 2.8 LTD Cherokee, it has the heated front seat option but the on the drivers side when i turn the seat on the low heat indication light flashes, ive been told that the seat may need to be replaced (costly im sure ). Could anyone advise what the fault is and any way of fixing it without me having to source and have a new seat fitted, any help would be much appreciated.

Tbou2

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Jones
Consider the following...

Try posting it here. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/

Put your bacon where your mouth is!
post #3 of 4 Old 02-01-2009, 12:19 PM
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbou2 View Post
Hi

I have a 2003 2.8 LTD Cherokee, it has the heated front seat option but the on the drivers side when i turn the seat on the low heat indication light flashes, ive been told that the seat may need to be replaced (costly im sure ). Could anyone advise what the fault is and any way of fixing it without me having to source and have a new seat fitted, any help would be much appreciated.

Tbou2
They didn't continue using the "Cherokee" name here in the states. You'll find want more info on your vehicle on US sites under "Liberty".

I reported your thread so it can get moved by a Mod to the appropriate forum for Liberty Tech instead of you having to make a duplicate thread.

This is how NAXJA Midwest Chapter elected officials like to treat their resident users and former multi-year supporters.

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
post #4 of 4 Old 11-18-2013, 05:10 PM
BobR

Flashing heated seat light

The flashing low heat light indicated that there was an open sensor. Instead of replacing the seat I ordered the heater/sensor from jeep ( $100.00 dollars) and waited one week to get the part. Four bolts hold down the seat and a torx socket removes the seat belt. Place the seat upside down on a work bench and remove the wiring for the motors. The seat cushion is held in place by four bolts and you may have to remove some covers and the cable for the reclining seat. Once you get the cushion off there are four clips holding the leather cover on but no need to remove the cover completely just remove the old heater/sensor and slide in the new one. Then reassemble and should take about two hours.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.