flashing heated seat light problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > flashing heated seat light problem

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 02-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
tbou2

flashing heated seat light problem

Hi

I have a 2003 2.8 LTD Cherokee, it has the heated front seat option but the on the drivers side when i turn the seat on the low heat indication light flashes, ive been told that the seat may need to be replaced (costly im sure ). Could anyone advise what the fault is and any way of fixing it without me having to source and have a new seat fitted, any help would be much appreciated.

Tbou2

tbou2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
Jones
Consider the following...

Try posting it here. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/
Unread 02-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
PavementPounder
Cool as Ice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbou2 View Post
Hi

I have a 2003 2.8 LTD Cherokee, it has the heated front seat option but the on the drivers side when i turn the seat on the low heat indication light flashes, ive been told that the seat may need to be replaced (costly im sure ). Could anyone advise what the fault is and any way of fixing it without me having to source and have a new seat fitted, any help would be much appreciated.

Tbou2
They didn't continue using the "Cherokee" name here in the states. You'll find want more info on your vehicle on US sites under "Liberty".

I reported your thread so it can get moved by a Mod to the appropriate forum for Liberty Tech instead of you having to make a duplicate thread.

<--- Click "Classifieds" under my avatar to see all my parts (mostly CJ & XJ) currently for sale on JeepForum!
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
BobR

Flashing heated seat light

The flashing low heat light indicated that there was an open sensor. Instead of replacing the seat I ordered the heater/sensor from jeep ( $100.00 dollars) and waited one week to get the part. Four bolts hold down the seat and a torx socket removes the seat belt. Place the seat upside down on a work bench and remove the wiring for the motors. The seat cushion is held in place by four bolts and you may have to remove some covers and the cable for the reclining seat. Once you get the cushion off there are four clips holding the leather cover on but no need to remove the cover completely just remove the old heater/sensor and slide in the new one. Then reassemble and should take about two hours.
BobR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.