Flasher Button Stuck/Broken - 2004 Liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Flasher Button Stuck/Broken - 2004 Liberty

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-31-2011, 06:03 AM   #1
CincyJeff
2004 KJ Liberty 

Flasher Button Stuck/Broken - 2004 Liberty

The flasher button on my 04 Liberty is broken and needs to be replaced. It was sticking on - the button seemed to be depressed when this happened. I was able to get the button pulled back out, and the flashers off. The dealer wants $118.00 to replace the button. Does anyone know how to get to that button and replace it? I also need to know what exactly to buy to fix it, and where to buy it.

Thanks!!!!

CincyJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
brendanc
2002 KJ Liberty 

A quick google search revealed this: http://www.justforjeeps.com/02kjlihaswan.html

I don't know how to replace it, but I would assume it takes moderate dashboard disassembly. At least around the radio area.
brendanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
CincyJeff
2004 KJ Liberty 

Thanks...that's the hazard switch I need to replace. I was mistakenly calling it a flasher button or switch. Now if I can just get instructions on how to get to it, I'll be all set!
CincyJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2011, 09:57 PM   #4
waywardtravel
2006 KJ Liberty 

From the picture the red button appears to be easily removed from it's assembly then maybe you can only change a spring. Just a guess
waywardtravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
simmons789
2003 KJ Liberty 

the button comes/pulls out from the front! my one was sticking & not working properly and failed the mot on it, the button was not coming out far enough so took it out and put some folded cardboard of "all things" just to pack it out a bit so it went in and out further than before, it has worked perfect ever since,i hope that may cure your problem and help
simmons789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.