First Time Poster & Jeep Owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > First Time Poster & Jeep Owner

KrawlOff-Road.com Jeep Beach SaleFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 02-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Hachi
2002 KJ Liberty 

First Time Poster & Jeep Owner

Hey everyone, first post on this site!

So I have recently come into some money, and I would like to "hook-up" my Jeep Liberty Limited 2002. Fully-Loaded. I have heard many good things about Exhausts and Cold-Air Intakes. My main focus is to make the Jeep faster (Extra Mileage is a plus). What do "you guys" suggest that I add to it, to make the HP increase?
I've heard good reviews about K&N and Flowmaster. Please steer me in the right direction if I'm wrong!

Thanks in advance,

Hachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
Hachi
2002 KJ Liberty 

My baby
Hachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

First post - welcome to JF

Unless you really want to wash your hard earned cash down the drain - skip the K&N type filter stuff on your KJ's 3.7... You are not going to see real performance gains. But if you see enough TV and magazine ads, you might start to believe it will. Just saying. These puppies weigh in at over 4000#s.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

Welcome to the forum.

As far as CAI is concerned, the stock intake draws cold air in from above the grill. That is as cold as you are going to get. The aftermarket intakes "hang" in the engine compartment and so they draw in hot heated air from the engine compartment.

As far as exhaust systems, you could change the muffler to a "flowmaster" or one of those type ones. Not sure if it would give you much HP gain but might sound better. The KJ exhaust system actually flows pretty good stock.

If you want a "fast jeep" you need to get a hemi GC. (there is nothing like a big v-8)

Keep the 3.7L tuned up (fresh plugs, air filter, etc).

The KJ is a good jeep. Enjoy your jeep.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #5
huntbuggy
2002 KJ Liberty 

Welcome!

A clean box filter in the stock airbox is a first. You might want to also get more airflow into the stock box - some put ABS pipe with an elbow or two to the front of the grille. (I removed the plastic air dam on the passenger side of the rad too, was cracked anyway)

Another thing I'm considering is a ported throttle body from Fastman:

http://<font size="5">http://www.the...s37.asp</font>

And an aftermarket catback exhaust would also be a consideration:

http://<font size="5">http://www.dyn...ine=3.7</font>

Tags
flowmaster , intake , jeep , liberty

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.