First 500 Miles - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-22-2004, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
SpiffBoy

First 500 Miles

Just got done putting 500 on the clock. My first impresions are wonderful!

Of the 500, about 75 of those miles are sand and mountain roads.

The libby has got to be one of the best 4x4's I've ever taken in the sand. (Compared to my CJ7, Ram 1500 and my buddys Scout II) It handled the washes like a champ. Even got to chase a coyote.

On the road, it's wonderful. I couldn't ask for better a daily driver.

A fiew things that I'd change are; the headlights when they stay on after turning the engine off and a place to stick coins. (or more lil storage boxes/things)

I'm getting about 15mpg right now. I was thinking that it was possibly due to the off roading and twisty mountain road driving.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-22-2004, 05:30 PM
dan828

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffBoy

Of the 500, about 75 of those miles are sand and mountain roads.

The libby has got to be one of the best 4x4's I've ever taken in the sand. (Compared to my CJ7, Ram 1500 and my buddys Scout II) It handled the washes like a champ. Even got to chase a coyote.

On the road, it's wonderful. I couldn't ask for better a daily driver.

A fiew things that I'd change are; the headlights when they stay on after turning the engine off and a place to stick coins. (or more lil storage boxes/things)

I'm getting about 15mpg right now. I was thinking that it was possibly due to the off roading and twisty mountain road driving.
Congrats on 500! I'm up over 5000 after a couple of months (started out with 10 on the odometer). It is definately fun to drive.

The headlight thing annoys me as well, but I found that if you turn the lights off before you shut down the engine it doesn't do it. Also, if you switch them back on and then off, they go out, or if you just leave it alone they go off on their own in a couple of minutes. Must be one those convience features.

Also, I was getting about 16 mpg at first but it started creeping up after about 1000 miles or so and now I'm averaging about 18.5 to 19 mpg.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-23-2004, 02:10 PM
4Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffBoy
Fuel milage should get better as the engine gets broken in. Nothing to do but sit back and drive it until it gets there... then keep on driving and enjoying the better mileage.

post #4 of 8 Old 06-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Gunjunkie

I have 5K on mine. no problems at all. the more I drive it , it more I like it..
post #5 of 8 Old 06-23-2004, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
SpiffBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan828

The headlight thing annoys me as well, but I found that if you turn the lights off before you shut down the engine it doesn't do it. Also, if you switch them back on and then off, they go out, or if you just leave it alone they go off on their own in a couple of minutes. Must be one those convience features.
I love those convience features

I'm just wondering what was the logical reason DC came up with to have it do that.

500 miles in 5 days isn't bad, is it?
post #6 of 8 Old 06-23-2004, 11:26 PM
roderunner

If you have an overhead console, you should be able to program the headlight shut-off feature. If I remember, you can do 0 (off), 30, 60, or 90 second delay. There are some functions that can be programmed with your remote. Check your manual to see if this is one of them.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-24-2004, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
SpiffBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roderunner
If you have an overhead console, you should be able to program the headlight shut-off feature. If I remember, you can do 0 (off), 30, 60, or 90 second delay. There are some functions that can be programmed with your remote. Check your manual to see if this is one of them.
No overhead.

Program with remote? How so?
post #8 of 8 Old 06-25-2004, 12:56 AM
roderunner

Sorry, I spoke too prematurely. The remote can program light flash and horn upon lock/unlock (2004 owner's manual p. 23). It also does some other auto lock/unlock functions (p. 22).

If you don't have an overhead console, the headlamp delay function can be programmed at your dealer with the DRB Scan tool. It may cost you a service call or a six pack, depending on your relationship with your service advisor/mechanic.

If you decide you want an overhead console, check out http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jsalbre/jeep/evic/ and www.wjjeeps.com/evic.htm

These will give you the run down on what's involved and what features may be available on the consoles. I added one from a 2001 Grand Cherokee and am thoroughly pleased (no temp. readout though). The first thing I did was change the programming on that headlight delay!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.