Finding the wiring for renegade light bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Finding the wiring for renegade light bar

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 05-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
Ken_wbahs
2003 KJ Liberty 

Finding the wiring for renegade light bar

I got a Renegade light bar, but I do not have the wiring and switch for it. I found this switch for $20.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-OE-off...r#ht_500wt_922
I'm going to have a shop linstall the whole thing. Should I worry about finding the wiring or not?
I have a 2003 liberty limited. I already checked behind the that long skinny plastic piece where the switch goes ( sorry I don't know what you'd call that) to see if the wiring was pre- installed and I didn't see anything in that hole so assume not.

Any help about this is appreciated thanks.

Ken_wbahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Ken_wbahs
2003 KJ Liberty 

Thanks but you can't expect everyone here to have read every thread, especially people that have just joined the site..... I didn't know it was only pre wired in the Canadian models. My question was should I be worried about finding the wiring, or just let the shop find it as they will be ones installing the light bar for me. But thanks for the info about the Canadian models.
Unread 05-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
Ken_wbahs
2003 KJ Liberty 

Or if anybody knows where to find the right wire harness for it I would very much appreciate it. I'm looking all over the Internet and can't seem to find the right one. thanks
Unread 05-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_wbahs View Post
Or if anybody knows where to find the right wire harness for it I would very much appreciate it. I'm looking all over the Internet and can't seem to find the right one. thanks
Try the dealership,as that will be the only place you will get the complete wiring for a renny lightbar.

The simplest answer is usually the right one as the renny lightbar is a dealer only item one could guess that the wiring harness is also a dealer item only.
Unread 05-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
Ken_wbahs
2003 KJ Liberty 

Thanks guys. I called the my dealer about a week ago and they don't have the renegade light bar as an option for them to order it. Do you think that they can still get ahold of the wiring for the light bar I bought that didn't have it included. Just asking your thought on it. I won't get out to/call the dealership for over a week as that's when it will be delivered to my house. So just curious.
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Dealer doesn't want to look very hard do they?
try part number 52112062AA or AE
AA is for 02-04, AE is for 05-07
this is the wring kit
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
Ken_wbahs
2003 KJ Liberty 

Oh thanks that will help a lot, if they claim that can't order it. Though I have idea why they would do that and lose out on business.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.