Fan does not work on setting 1 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Fan does not work on setting 1

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 07-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
Grinch1964

Fan does not work on setting 1

Hi

Can anyone advise me on the part no for a KJ 2005 Cherokee Jeep Right Hand Drive V6 as I believe it the Resistor that is faulty for the Fan control and is a common problem. Went to the Morris 4x4 web site and having trouble finding the part. This is for an Australian Jeep. Any help would be appreciated
Mark

Grinch1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Mark, here is the USA the KJ Jeep is called a Liberty. Hopefully the Forum Moderators will move your thread to the right section and you can get your question answered.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household income have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I moved this thread to the KJ Liberty section of the forum where your fellow KJ drivers can likely best advise. Good luck with your Jeep!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #4
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Grinch

A real quick search on the KJ forum should bring up quite a few treads on this exact topic. Try "KJ resistor pack" in the search block.

Upper left hand corner is where the search bar is at. The search engine here is pretty decent.

Welcome to JF

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 12:17 AM   #5
kjrenegade03
2003 KJ Liberty 

I second the blower resister is most likey the problem. I did it on mine when 1&2 settings wasnt working. Takes about 10 minutes to install. Part should run you about $20-30.
kjrenegade03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
Grinch1964

Thanks for all your help. I have purchased the resistor module cost in Australia $129 I had a look as to how to fit luckily I can just unclip the glovebox and its right behind this. Just 2 hexy nuts and it should come out hopefully
Grinch1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #7
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Welcome to Jeepforum!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.