Fan / Blower switch only works on high - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Fan / Blower switch only works on high

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-29-2007, 09:34 AM   #1
skates04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Fan / Blower switch only works on high

I just picked up a 03 Liberty, The blower/fan switch was working fine, but now its only working on the highest setting, I recall on my wrangler this happend I replaced the resistor pack for the switch that was located under a kick panel under the passenger side dash, I was wondering if its in the same location, as the wrangler, and if the liberty's use the same crappy resistor pack, or if it would be somthing else, Im new to the whole liberty thing, but so far I love it!

Unread 09-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
merlinTec

Hi
It will be the same. Drop the glove box down and you will see it. 4 wires 2 screws hold it in. test with an ohm meter and you should have circuit between all the pins. Or just replace it’s 99% going to be that.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 09-29-2007, 03:34 PM   #3
skates04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the reply, I got a resistor pack on order, sounds like it should be an easy fix, on the wrangler you pretty much have to do a head stand infront of the passenger seat to get to it
Unread 10-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #4
skates04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Replaced the resistor pack today, it took 10 minutes and cost me 12 dollars, problem solved!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.